1. Sendmail 8.9.1a & AIX 4.2/4.3
Greetings, Sendmail gurus:
I'm having a very frustrating time getting Sendmail 8.9.1 with the patch
to work properly. I obtained the dist and patch from sendmail.org,
got the latest m4 compiler and patch program and applied them, and
Behaviour: It starts as a daemon without complaint, and doesn't relay.
will accept locally composed mail and send it outbound. However, it
accept mail originating either from outside for a legit inside user, nor
accept mail originating from inside to another inside user.
The error Postmaster receives is:
----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
----- Transcript of session follows -----
Cannot give this flag and people to send to.
I've been thru all the dejanews postings on this, and through the
Sendmail FAQ and
comp.unix.aix faq. All the sendmail FAQ says is that the internal
mailer is not
accepting the hand-off of the mail Sendmail is receiving. However, I've
the sendmail.cf that was generated, and it's virtually identical to the
sendmail.cf in calling /bin/bellmail and passing off the same arguments.
Mailq and newaliases work without complaint. Anyone have any
esp. those of you at austin.ibm.com? Any hints greatly appreciated!
Kent Hooker, Sr. Systems Programmer, Unix Support & Systems Admin.
Division of Information Technology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
PGP Public Key available at URL: http://ra.doit.wisc.edu:8888
3. Sendmail 8.9 On AIX 4.3.2
4. HELP! IBM Powerstation 530; On-line hardware guide anywhere?
5. How to add sendmail.8.10.1 and delete sendmail.8.9
6. pogo stuff
7. Requesting for binary & cf sendmail 8.9.x for Solaris 2.4 SPARC
8. Problem with Word 5.1 and SCO Unix/Xenix
9. SENDMAIL 8.9 & REDHAT 5.2
10. sendmail 8.9.x and bind8 binaries for sunos 5.5.1
11. Anyone have sendmail 8.9.x compiled on Unixware 2.1.2
12. Solaris 2.6 NIS /sendmail 8.9.1a aliases problem -- fyi
13. Sendmail 8.9.1a and domainaliases