optimizing preprocessor for xlf

Post by Mike Lijews » Sat, 08 Feb 1992 08:00:40

On the recommendation of the net, I got ahold of "IBM RISC
System/6000 NIC Tuning Guide For Fortran and C."  In this publication
they mention the `-P' option which invokes the optimizing
preprocessor.  No mention is made in the xlf 2.1 manuals regarding
the optimizational capabilities of the preprocessor.  I would really
appreciate a listing of the options and an explanation of what they
do.  Quoting the above publication, "The preprocessors have many
features, which are fully described in the standard publications."
Does anyone know what the "standard publications" are?  Thanks.
--
Mike Lijewski  (H)607/272-0238 (W)607/254-8686
Cornell National Supercomputer Facility

SMAIL:  25 Renwick Heights Road, Ithaca, NY  14850

optimizing preprocessor for xlf

Post by Wolfgang Kso » Sun, 09 Feb 1992 19:35:22

Quote:>On the recommendation of the net, I got ahold of "IBM RISC
>System/6000 NIC Tuning Guide For Fortran and C."  In this publication
>they mention the `-P' option which invokes the optimizing
>preprocessor.  No mention is made in the xlf 2.1 manuals regarding
>the optimizational capabilities of the preprocessor.  I would really
>appreciate a listing of the options and an explanation of what they
>do.  Quoting the above publication, "The preprocessors have many
>features, which are fully described in the standard publications."
>Does anyone know what the "standard publications" are?  Thanks.

Take a look to xlf 2.2. There is a manual available for 2.2 where all
the options of the preprocessor (fpp) are explained.

I talked to Ron Bell, IBM U.K., whether he is in the process of compiling
a similar red book for fpp as he did for xlf himself. He said that he has
had no time yet. But he promised to do so when the necessary time is
available ;-)

Hope that helps,

DATA SERVICE Berlin, Ansbacher Strasse 16, W-1000 Berlin 30, Germany
Phone: +49 (030) 219 007 - 32 FAX: - 39

Post by ja.. » Wed, 12 Feb 1992 07:37:13

> Subject: optimizing preprocessor for xlf

> On the recommendation of the net, I got ahold of "IBM RISC
> System/6000 NIC Tuning Guide For Fortran and C."  In this publication
> they mention the `-P' option which invokes the optimizing
> preprocessor.  No mention is made in the xlf 2.1 manuals regarding
> the optimizational capabilities of the preprocessor.  I would really
> appreciate a listing of the options and an explanation of what they
> do.  Quoting the above publication, "The preprocessors have many
> features, which are fully described in the standard publications."
> Does anyone know what the "standard publications" are?  Thanks.
> --
> Mike Lijewski  (H)607/272-0238 (W)607/254-8686
> Cornell National Supercomputer Facility

> SMAIL:  25 Renwick Heights Road, Ithaca, NY  14850

Are you sure?  In my copy of the documentation an entire chapter was
devoted to
invoking the pre-processor and what the different options did.  Are you looking
for some specific information?

Jaime Vazquez
AIX Technical Support
IBM AWD-Austin/2830

<Standard disclaimers apply.>

1. Bug in -Pk preprocessor for xlf 2.2 and optimize(>2)

Hello,
 I found a bug in the -Pk Preprocessor for xlf 2.2. If
the 'optimize' parameter is larger than 2, it translates in one
of my subroutines the statement
             s = 1.d0-dtexp(j-1,i)
into
             S = DTEXP(II1-1,I) + 1.d0
which is obviously wrong. If anyone from IBM is interested, I can send
you the subroutine (about 210 lines) and the Makefile I used for
the prepocessor call.

Bye,
                       Peter Hauschildt.

2. redirect to stderr

3. Problem with CPP as preprocessor to XLF under AIX

4. looking for alternatives to quota

5. xlf preprocessor problems

6. XFree86 murdered my RH7

7. xlf (2.2.1.3) preprocessor bugs

8. mailtool 3.5 & MS exchange

9. xlf compiler preprocessors

10. Preprocessor with xlf

11. xlf 2.1 pre-processor experience?

12. optimize f90 with ibm xlf compiler

13. Compatibility between xlf v6 and xlf v7 runtime libraries