AIX Radius Authentication

Post by Andr » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 23:53:30

I am currently trying to make all of our AIX machines authenticate to
RADIUS server so We can use one username and password, especially when
it needs to be changed. Is there anyway to make the user login
autheticate againist a NAS server (Radius)? If anyone has any help on
this one one it would be great?

Andrew

AIX Radius Authentication

Post by Chris Co » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 05:08:21

> I am currently trying to make all of our AIX machines authenticate to
> RADIUS server so We can use one username and password, especially when
> it needs to be changed. Is there anyway to make the user login
> autheticate againist a NAS server (Radius)? If anyone has any help on
> this one one it would be great?

> Andrew

I just posted a reply about modifying pam_smb with the AIX
plugin api wrapper... perhaps a similar technique could be used
for a pam_radius module.

1. RADIUS authentication on AIX

Hi,
I am looking for an authentication method for AIX (4.3), that will allow me to
authenticate a user via a RADIUS (or TACACS+) server.
An easy way to adapt an exisitng PAM module would also be fine.
Thanks for any pointers.
afx
--
Andreas Siegert                             IBM IT Security Consulting Munich

                        The AIX Survival Guide:
    Everything you ever wanted to ask about AIX but never dared to ask

2. Local newsgroups?

3. RADIUS Authentication

4. AST 4-port adapter

5. DHCP and RADIUS authentication

6. Net-tools 1.50 and Kernel 2.0.29 - Compiler Error?

7. RADIUS Authentication

8. 401 error for image embedded in page?

9. RADIUS Authentication Server for Unix

10. Apache authentication via Radius

11. user ppp with radius for authentication

12. apache with radius authentication

13. Login with Radius Authentication