Help with SAMBA

Post by M. River » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

I need some help with the following: What is the best way to install SAMBA
on the RS6000. I'm new to AIX and SAMBA. Here are the steps I have completed
so far I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.
I have downloaded the latest SAMBA package to my pc. I have uncompress it to
my pc and I'm about to ftp it to the RS6000.

Help with SAMBA

Post by Bob Mariot » Sat, 06 May 2000 04:00:00

>I need some help with the following: What is the best way to install SAMBA
>on the RS6000. I'm new to AIX and SAMBA. Here are the steps I have completed
>so far I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.
>I have downloaded the latest SAMBA package to my pc. I have uncompress it to
>my pc and I'm about to ftp it to the RS6000.
>Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

If you downloaded the source distribution to your PC you might want to
use the AIX machine to download the AIX Binary of Samba from
www-frec.bull.com and save it in a temp directory on the AIX system.
Chmod to a+x and execute the downloaded file.  It will extract a *.bff
file which is directly installable by installp or smit installp.
The installation is automatic and "it works right out of the box".

Help with SAMBA

Post by Paul Bore » Sun, 28 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

See if this AIX specific binary download site helps.

http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu/aixpdslib.html

Paul

> I need some help with the following: What is the best way to install SAMBA
> on the RS6000. I'm new to AIX and SAMBA. Here are the steps I have completed
> so far I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.
> I have downloaded the latest SAMBA package to my pc. I have uncompress it to
> my pc and I'm about to ftp it to the RS6000.
> Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

1. HELP:HELP:HELP:samba "unknown host"

-----
# smbclient -L gudeg
Get_Hostbyname: Unknown host gudeg.
Failed to get my hostname.
Get_Hostbyname: Unknown host gudeg.
No interface found for address 0.0.0.0
Added interface ip=0.0.0.0 bcast=0.255.255.255 nmask=255.0.0.0
Get_Hostbyname: Unknown host gudeg.
Get_Hostbyname: Unknown host gudeg.
Get_Hostbyname: Unknown host. gudeg
Get_Hostbyname: Unknown host GUDEG.
-----
- I've add the smbd and nmbd as a daemon in /etc/inetd.conf
- I can ping from linux to win95 and vice versa

Please could some one tell me how to fix it?

2. How open new session in Win NT

3. HELP-HELP-HELP: samba down?

4. KT400

5. Help please - Samba- Can't get into Redhat during boot

6. Divers questions... Help...

7. Need help getting Samba to work

8. bash script variables

9. Need help with Samba, please

10. HELP with Samba (smbd 1.9.18p4)

11. HELP: smbmount samba 2.0.5a restricted to root only

12. need help with samba smbmount

13. Help with Samba , please !