OPTIO fax and email notification

Post by Leo Plocic » Fri, 21 Dec 2001 00:05:10

hi,

we're using OPTIO DCS 6.2.6 fax on our ibm rs6000, running aix 4.3.3.
My problem is that optio sends notifications on both fax successes and
fax failures. Which means when a failure occurs that someone has to
sort through all the successes to find the failure. I'd like to have
it send notification only on failures. I can't seem to to find a
script in the optio directory that controls this or if there is some
option i can turn on/off to do this.. thanks for any help.

leo

Post by Leo Plocic » Fri, 21 Dec 2001 04:35:14

> hi,

> we're using OPTIO DCS 6.2.6 fax on our ibm rs6000, running aix 4.3.3.
> My problem is that optio sends notifications on both fax successes and
> fax failures. Which means when a failure occurs that someone has to
> sort through all the successes to find the failure. I'd like to have
> it send notification only on failures. I can't seem to to find a
> script in the optio directory that controls this or if there is some
> option i can turn on/off to do this.. thanks for any help.

> leo

in case anyone cares,
i happened to get a response from optio today. to do this you need to edit the
mail_notify files in the ${FAXDIR}/bin directory. to this file you should add:

if [ "status" = "0" ]
then exit
fi

before the line that says :

cat - $progpath $csheaf <<EOF 2>/dev/null | mail $uid

1. mgetty and fax notification

People,

I have mgetty running okay and have received a fax with success.
However, I wish to receive notification of the arrival of the fax by
email.  Within /usr/doc/mgetty-1.1.14/samples there is a sample script
with appears to do what I want.  Within the comments of the scripts it
indicates that the script is called by mgetty if FAX_NOTIFY_PROGRAM is
declared with policy.h.  I have not compiled mgetty from source but
simply installed from the rpm supplied on the RH5.2 CD.  Is the
FAX_NOTIFY_PROGRAM declared by default and if so what to, if not how do
I declare it???

TIA,
Mike

2. Need help with Helius / direcpc / satellite

3. Email notification problems -- Corel/Debian Linux

4. MySql vs DB_File

5. Third-party e-mail notification

6. AFAIK

7. Eliminating error/notification emails from printers

8. internal modem with Rockwell chip using irq 5 does not beep?

9. netscape communicator email notification

10. incomming email notification with biff

11. Help, I suddenly started getting strange email notification

12. Notification about bad logins via email

13. Email notification of passwd expiration