xrdb prereqs

Post by Esa Kare » Wed, 24 Mar 1993 00:13:45

I just installed an X-based app for
a customer. We have our own resource
file which can be appended to e.g. .Xdefaults.
OK, I have never realized that xrdb uses
cpp + that there are unix installations
without cpp :-) Any case, there's a "-cpp"
flag for xrdb. Question is: Do I have to
install bosadt.bosadt.obj (or at least cpp)
or is there somewhere another file (already) that can
act as a preprocessor for xrdb? Only bare
essentials installed (+ X11 runtime).

Esa
--

Tel. +358-0 513 081 /home

xrdb prereqs

Post by David L. Cr » Wed, 24 Mar 1993 01:52:22

>I just installed an X-based app for
>a customer. We have our own resource
>file which can be appended to e.g. .Xdefaults.
>OK, I have never realized that xrdb uses
>cpp + that there are unix installations
>without cpp :-) Any case, there's a "-cpp"
>flag for xrdb. Question is: Do I have to
>install bosadt.bosadt.obj (or at least cpp)
>or is there somewhere another file (already) that can
>act as a preprocessor for xrdb? Only bare
>essentials installed (+ X11 runtime).

    There is a cpp in /usr/lpp/X11/Xample/util/cpp that is shipped
  with the X11rte.obj package.  This is true at least for AIXwindows
  1.2.3 (R5).  I do not know about previous versions of AIXwindows.
--
 ----------- Opinions expressed are mine, not my employer's ----------

 |  IBM AWS Graphics Systems    |  IBM VNET: CROW at AUSTIN          |
 |  Austin, Republic of Texas   |  (512) 838-1134  T/L 678-1134      |

1. Sendmail e-fix prereqs?

The sendmail e-fix README says:

<quote>
You need to have the following filesets installed. This ensures that
the proper versions of co-requisite system files, such as libc.a, are
installed:

For AIX 4.3.3:
bos.net.tcp.client.4.3.3.87

For AIX 5.1.0:
bos.net.tcp.client.5.1.0.38
</quote>

I am already at bos.net.tcp.client.5.1.0.39, and I hope, I don't have to
just like to hear an expert's confirmation. Thanks!

--
Bela Gazdy, EUCLID/AIX Systems Support

"...who shook his family tree, and a bunch of NUTS fell out."

2. 2.4.19 OOPS [Repost]

3. Prereqs for TotalNet server

4. Snappy Video Capture

5. xrdb and 16 bpp

6. Strange reboot

7. HELP: xrdb core dumps!

8. Chat with Unix & RS6000 peers

9. Keyboard rate on Xstations / info & xrdb

10. xrdb and icons

11. KDE 1.1 and app defaults/xrdb

12. *HELP* - How did xrdb change from 3.1 to 3.2?

13. xpm, xrdb, xdm