Load maps?

Post by Jim Hudge » Sat, 08 Dec 1990 08:56:14

Does anyone know how to get the Fortran compiler to generate a load
map?  It is not entirely clear what compiler flags need to be set.
I tried several combinations (-Wl,-M as I recall) but that did not
appear to do anything useful.  Anyone done this???

JHH
--
Disclaimer:  I didn't do it.
Jim Hudgens             Supercomputer Computations Research Institute

Load maps?

Post by Marc Pawlig » Wed, 12 Dec 1990 02:55:40

|> Does anyone know how to get the Fortran compiler to generate a load
|> map?  It is not entirely clear what compiler flags need to be set.
|> I tried several combinations (-Wl,-M as I recall) but that did not
|> appear to do anything useful.  Anyone done this???

I am assuming (since you didn't say) that you are running on the Risc
System/6000.  It is a sad fact that being called "comp.unix.aix" does
not address that fact that there are at least 4 flavors of AIX in the
world (AIX/RT, AIX/PS/2, AIX/370 and AIX/6000)

Well, for the C compiler, the flag is "-bloadmap:load.map", and the
loadmap will be in the file "load.map".  I believe (I don't have Fortran
docs readily available) that this flag is just passed on the loader, which
is the same for Fortran and C, so the same flag should work for Fortran.

+---Marc Pawliger---IBM Advanced Workstations Division---Palo Alto, CA---+

|     UUCP:     uunet!ibmsupt!ibmpa!marc      Phone:   (415) 855-3493    |

1. load maps

I am coding in C under AIX and I am getting the following error message:

0706-316 Error: Type mismatches detected. References dumped to load map.

What is a load map and how do I access it?  I have looked in the xlc/cc man
pages as well as in info and found nothing.  Please respond via e-mail and I
will summarize if there is interest.

Thank you

Ed Malthouse

2. Changing the boot device

3. no keyboard "cannot load map"

4. Unix Accounts at other Universities

5. driver load map

6. Sunray and routers

7. Image Map/Thumbnail creator to reduce server load...

8. using PAM to run script at login/logout

9. Module won't load - doesn't like System.map - ??

10. Help! cannot load color map !

11. how do I load another keyboard map?

12. error:X unable to load xkb.map???