Two Questions

Post by Jose Pere » Sat, 26 May 2001 01:14:25

Hello.
I'm going to buy a used 7043-140 without keyboard and mouse.
Do you know if i can use something to pc?

Regards.

Two Questions

Post by Maciej Waleza » Sat, 26 May 2001 02:42:56

Hi,

I want to define a rule that would compile any .c files into .o files in
some dir different than current one.
In GNU make I would write:
$(dir)/%.o: %.c

But 'make' on AIX doesn't support such rules, it has only suffix rules
like .c.o
Unfortunately, such rules work only on files in the same (current)
directory, i.e. I can make only ./file.o from ./file.c

Is there any way to define such kind of rule and have it work in
different directories ?

I use AIX4.3.3

--
Maciej Walezak
-GDN-

Two Questions

Post by Edward Melto » Sat, 26 May 2001 05:00:52

Standard PS2 connected keyboards and mice work. Try and find a
three-button mouse.

> Hello.
> I'm going to buy a used 7043-140 without keyboard and mouse.
> Do you know if i can use something to pc?

> Regards.

Two Questions

Post by Maciej Waleza » Sat, 26 May 2001 16:15:14

Hi,

I want to define a rule that would compile any .c files into .o files in
some dir different than current one.
In GNU make I would write:
$(dir)/%.o: %.c

But 'make' on AIX doesn't support such rules, it has only suffix rules
like .c.o
Unfortunately, such rules work only on files in the same (current)
directory, i.e. I can make only ./file.o from ./file.c

Is there any way to define such kind of rule and have it work in
different directories ?

I use AIX4.3.3

P.S. Sorry for posting it twice.  First time it went to existing thread.
--
Maciej Walezak
-GDN-