Sysback problems

Post by John Barr » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

On 43P/140 under AIX 4.2.1, I installed sysback v 2, rel 2, mod 1, fix 18,
and bos.sysmgt modules.   Tape is HP SureStore DAT8, 4GB native.

When I try to run sysback via smit, in a variety of modes, it fails.
Typically with a series of messages about finding files like
/usr/lpp/bosinst/berror, bidata, blvset, datadaemon, rda, getprtpkgs, bi_io.
And a cryptic message about space on /etc.

When I run mksysb, it fails also, complaining about the same missing files.

I've gone through OS install cds and tried to find module(s) that might get
us past this.  Couldn't.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong/ omitting please?

TIA,
John

1. sysback problem

Hi,

I've got some problem to restore on a little machine a sysback from a
bigger.

Example : i've a H80, when i take a sysback in AIX 4.3.3 ML08 and i
want to restore it on a F50 (332 MHZ), i've after the boot a display
with '0000'.

Idem when i take a S85 (AIX 4.3.3 ML08) and i restore it on a M80,
i've the same problem : display show '0000'.

I've open a call toward IBM labs but i've no good feedback about that
!
They say that's a fileset problem, but i've made a diff between some
mechines, or remove all adapter on the target machine, always the same
problem.

Anyone has a good issue for that, or someone has the same problem and
has tried other think to resolve, i'm interested...

Charles THISE.

2. printer setup

3. Sysback problem doing Multi-Copy backups

4. How to add new MANPATH...?

5. sysback problem on hacmp

6. Virtual Console Resolution

7. AIX SYSBACK PROBLEM

8. SCSI problem? fas VS QLGC,isp ...

9. sysback.rte,sysback.sbom,IBMWebAS.base.core

10. 43P/132 sysback boot problem

11. sysback/6000 problem

12. Problems with sysback and OS

13. Problem configuring Sysback