AIX 3.2 hangs with 888-102-300-0c0 after debugging with dbx and gdb

AIX 3.2 hangs with 888-102-300-0c0 after debugging with dbx and gdb

Post by Rainer Kra » Tue, 21 Jul 1992 19:33:55

Hallo,

If we start the system de* dbx  or the GNU-de* gdb our
RISC6000 machines with AIX 3.2 will hang.
The display shows the flashing 888 and after pressing the yellow
button the numbers 102, 300, 0c0 are displayed.

Does somebody have any suggestion how to fix this problem or can somebody
help us please.

Thanks ,

        Rainer Kraft

  Universitaet Stuttgart \
  Germany                /

Post by Rick Cochr » Wed, 22 Jul 1992 05:30:25

|> Hallo,
|>
|> If we start the system de* dbx  or the GNU-de* gdb our
|> RISC6000 machines with AIX 3.2 will hang.
|> The display shows the flashing 888 and after pressing the yellow
|> button the numbers 102, 300, 0c0 are displayed.

This sounds like the result of applying update U402846 which I _think_ is
in 3.2.2.

The emergency fix for this is IX27609.  The PTF is _still_ being tested -
I suppose in order to avoid breaking something else.

The * thing about applying emergency fixes is that you have to remove
them before applying any other updates.

Have a nice day.

--

|E20 Clark Hall, Ithaca, N.Y. 14853          cornell!msc.cornell.edu!rick|

Post by Jeff Wannamak » Thu, 23 Jul 1992 17:03:29

> Hallo,

> If we start the system de* dbx  or the GNU-de* gdb our
> RISC6000 machines with AIX 3.2 will hang.
> The display shows the flashing 888 and after pressing the yellow
> button the numbers 102, 300, 0c0 are displayed.

> Does somebody have any suggestion how to fix this problem or can somebody
> help us please.

We noticed the same problem after installing 3.2.2 upgrades over a
month ago.  We are able to reproduce the problem and have narrowed
it down to using dbx on programs that are NOT stripped and which
were produced via xlc using the -g option.  If you strip them,
you can, for example, use dbx to attach to a running module or
a core file  (but then what's the use of using dbx?).

We reported this problem long ago to the Austin Support Center
Kernel Group and they asked us to send them a kernel dump.  Weeks
have gone by even though IBM responded back saying that it was
definitely a kernel problem and that they had a fix for it.  They
called me back and said we would receive a fix in the mail.  (That
call was on July 7).  I've since called them back since we hadn't
received anything and they indicated it was still being tested and
not ready to be released.  They estimated it was still a couple of
weeks from release.  I asked them to bump this problem to priority
1 and they didn't say anything promising.

--

1. error 888-102-300-0c0 on a 7026-h70 with aix 4.3.3.

hi everybody

i was wondering if someone could tell me a bit more as to why this
errorcode would be generated.
it was displayed on the font panel LCD and the machine was completly
offline.
After making a dump on tape the machines booted correctly
i already did an extensive google search but i found nothing usefull

there is one strange fact though
this error occurred simultanous on 2 machines
which are largly unrelated
they only thing they share is the user home directorys which is a nsf
mount from a third h70

the only thing i could find was this explanation of the error

300  Data storage interrupt: processor type.
0c0  dump has completed succesfully

TIA

Remco Schoeman

2. PROBLEM WITH GLINT

3. System crash with 888 102 700 0c0

4. MS-Word processor vs. StarOffice Writer

5. error 888 102 700 0C0 on 7025 PPC

6. Overclocking a P-Pro - issues and risks ??

7. Wide 332Mhz node fails to boot in maintenance mode 888-102-700-0C5

8. CHAT scripts

9. System crash with 102/207/888 LED code on RISC 43p140

10. NIM Crashes 888-102-700-0C5

11. 888-102-605-0c5

12. 888-102-700 HELP!!

13. AIX 4.2 System hang with 888 LED code