xload for AIX?

Post by Don Mille » Mon, 26 Mar 2001 11:01:05

Hi - Just wondering if anyone knows of a tool similar to the common
"xload", that graphically displays system load on an X display, for AIX 4
(or an AIX 3 version that will run under both 3 and 4)?

We use a single display to monitor several functions on multiple machines,
and xload is one of the things displayed for all of them except the AIX
boxes. Running "topas" in an xterm does give the same data, but in a
format that isn't nearly as useful for monitoring at a glance.

TIA for any help - a cc of your message to my e-mail would be much
appreciated, too.

Regards,

Don Miller

 Donald S. Miller

 John F. Kennedy University

  "The factory of the future will have two employees, a human and a dog.
   The human will be there to feed the dog, and the dog will be there to
   keep the human from touching the computers."

xload for AIX?

Post by Alberto Varesi » Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:39:35

> Hi - Just wondering if anyone knows of a tool similar to the common
> "xload", that graphically displays system load on an X display, for AIX 4
> (or an AIX 3 version that will run under both 3 and 4)?

xload for AIX is in the installation CD. It is not installed by default, but you
find it inside X11.samples.apps.clients

--
 Alberto Varesio - Certified AIX V4.3 System Support  Phone: +39-011-415-8111
 EDIST Spa - Via Goito 51/A      Riding the world       Fax: +39-0270040-8636