Desperately looking for screen program on an RS/6000

Desperately looking for screen program on an RS/6000

Post by Peter R. Thorsen » Fri, 08 Nov 1991 15:45:58

Howdy,

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but here goes nothing.

I would like any and all info on the program screen running on an rs/6000.  I
had a version working - screen3.21 but we upgraded our system and it will not
work now.

Is anyone else having problems with psuedo terminals after ugrading to 3.16???

If anyone has a version that will run on 3.16 please respond to me via
e-mail.  I am stuck with this dumb terminal and it is driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance,

Pete Thorsen

Desperately looking for screen program on an RS/6000

Post by jim fro » Sun, 10 Nov 1991 03:42:32

Quote:>Is anyone else having problems with psuedo terminals after ugrading to 3.16???

There is a problem where toggling XON/XOFF (-ixon) causes a pty to
hang sometimes, but it's been a problem forever so far as I know.  Try
"stty ixon ; stty -ixon" a couple of times.  It'll hang at some point.
Restart with any signal (eg ^C).

This is fixed with APAR IX19802 which appears in 3.1.7.

Aside from that I've been doing extensive work with ptys under 3.1.X
(where X is anythin < 7) and have had no problems since changing over
to the AIX /dev/ptc allocation technique.

jim frost

1. I desperately need screen for an IBM RS/6000...help

Hello folks,

I have a real dilemma on my hands.  I have recently moved my account on
to an IBM RS/6000.  Here is the dilemma part:

I miss not having screen around to help me out.  I had no idea that I
had become so dependent on this program.  Has anyone ported this software
to an RS/6000?  Is anybody currently trying to port it to an RS/6000?

If either of the above statements are true can some kind sole put me
in touch with them or at least let me know where I can find the program.

I'm in a desperate situation here folks.

Please reply via e-mail with any info on this subject.

Thanks in advance,

Pete
--
+--------------------+-----------------------------------------+------------+
| Pete Thorsen       |      Gualtieri's Law of Inertia:        |  Send me a |

+--------------------+-----------------------------------------+------------+

2. Linux and Maxtor hard drives

3. RS/6000 error msgs (Was: Re: RS/6000 survey - will post summary)

4. Problem with ProxyPass and MS FP

5. Fonts for InfoExplorer on RS/6000 (was: Re: Font problems on RS/6000 running X11R5)

6. Diamond Stealth32

7. Wanted: login screen running under X for RS/6000

8. Weird colors in KDE 3.1.0

9. Screen 2.1 on RS/6000's

10. RS/6000 Console Screen Saver

11. Looking to add parallel ports to RS/6000

12. looking for 3rd party maintance for RS/6000's

13. Looking for XNS for RS/6000