Runas anyone?

Post by Larry Ant » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 04:21:59

We've been running runas v3.05 for years under AIX 4.3.3.

Under AIX 5L V5.2, I am now receiving:

Could not load program /usr/local/runas-3.05/bin/runas:
Symbol resolution failed for runas because:
        Symbol select (number 39) is not exported from dependent
          module /unix.
Examine .loader section symbols with the 'dump -Tv' command.

Perhaps I need to recompile from source?  Does anyone have the source or
know where I can find it?  Many thanks.

--
Larry Anta
Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada

"This virus uses the honour system.  Please forward me to everyone in your
address book; then delete a few files from your hard disk.  Thank you."

1. How to download "runas" or "su" for NT4 ? <-- RUNAS - using password HELP!!

Subject: I need to run as a non-administrator when web-surfing
with NT4.

I have 3 questions below.  First the background ...

#####################
# Background
#####################

(1) "su" in Unix Land stands for "Set User" not "Super User"
    You can become *any* user.

(2) Newsgroup threads seem to point to "runas" as a NT solution
    that uses DCOM and the REGISTRY to implement a Unix-like "su"

(3) Other Newsgroup threads point to a "su" command that some people
    say they run under NT4.  Good, that is me !

(4) Everybody is saying there is a "runas" under WIN2K, standard,
    without the Resource Kit.

(5) The value of "runas", if it isn't obvious, is partially explained
    by this article on 2/20/2000:
    http://www1.fatbrain.com/whatshot/sigs/winntsig/home.asp?vm=c

#####################
# Questions
#####################

(1) Can I "lift"  runas.exe from Win2k and run it under NT4 ?

(2) Has anybody done (1) sucessfully ?  Tried it ?  Failed ?
    (I don't have WIN2K to try it).

(3) Where can I download  "su.exe" and/or "runas.exe" for NT4,
    as this seems to be an incredible oversight in NT4.

    (No wait, this was one of a thousand oversights :) )

Thanks :)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Testing :)

3. Would someone give me a URL for 'sudo' and/or 'runas'?

4. 3C595 under FreeBSD

5. slide, sudo, op, runas, etc

6. How to determine type of connection from file descriptor

7. Looking for runas, or sudo substitute.

8. Compaq S0 ISDN adapter ISA

9. Need sudo or runas for Solaris2.4

10. Runas Version 1.0 available

11. SLIP.... anyone, anyone, ANYONE!

12. SLIP.... anyone, anyone ANYONE!

13. Two modems and linux, anyone ? anyone ?