> Does anyone tell me about the system call 'execvp' limit?
> I have a program,using the execvp to exec the program awk
> in the args, I input a long strings;then 'execvp' return
> the errno=E2BIG!
Gary R. Hook / AIX Kernel Development, IBM / These opinions are _MINE_
A piece of canvas is only the beginning
It takes on character with every loving stroke
This thing of beauty is the passion of an artist's heart
By God's design, we are a skin kaleidoscope "Colored people", dc Talk
>Gary R. Hook / AIX Kernel Development, IBM / These opinions are _MINE_
> Thank You very much!
> Could I modify this limit? And How?
--Quote:> >/usr/include/sys/limits.h, ARG_MAX. Currently 24K on AIX.
> >Everything, including the command line and environment, must fit
> >within this limit.
1. what is 'protection fault' and 'system calls' ?
hi thanks for reading this message.
I use sco 3.2v4.2.
when I type 'vmstst -s' response is like this.
# vmstat -s
102400 free swap space
179607 demand zero and demand fill pages
0 pages on swap
194531 pages in cache
57276 pages on file
422613 protection fault
0 pages are freed
0 success in swapping out a process
0 fail in swapping in a process
0 success in swapping in a process
0 swapping out a region
0 swapping in a region
7722659 cpu context switches
407463567 system calls
what is protection fault and system calls?
can protection fault and system calls causes panic?
I got panic irregulary.
Somebody help me out!
2. How do I select ext transceiver
3. Limiting 'w', 'top' and 'ps'
4. Signals generated from nowhere
5. Berkeley Socket 'bind' system call
7. ``Reset-floppy called'' killed my system (0.99.8)
9. AIX 4.2 and C 'system' calls
10. 2.4: drvconfig: System call 'modctl_modconfig' failed ???
11. implementation of 'ps' using C system calls.
12. is there a 'whatnow' for system calls etc?
13. How to uses undocumented 'mmap' system call