3480 tape drive for RISC-6000

Post by Jason Heirtzl » Fri, 12 Apr 1991 09:30:44

Is anyone using an IBM 3480 (compatible) tape drive for the RISC-6000?

The only one that I've found so far is from StorageTek, but I have no
knowledge of how well it works.

Any experiances (both positive and negative) would be helpful.

jdh

1. Can the Risc-6000 8mm tape drive read Exabyte tapes?

This is another candidate for an FAQ posting; but can the internal 8mm tape
drive on a Risc-System 6000 read an Exabyte tape written from another
machine such as a Sun?  If so, what do I need to do to get it to work?  Or
do I have to buy a tape drive from Exabyte and try to attach it to our
POWERserver 530?  We are running AIX3.1 3003 by the way.  Thanks in advance.

--Tim

Tim Fredrick             National Center for Atmospheric Research
                         Atmospheric Chemistry Division

2. Linux can use FAT as its SWAP partition.

3. 3480 tape drives and rs/6000

4. IBM Color Flatbed Scanner

5. 9 track or 3480 tape drives on Linux

6. How do I get Linux??????????

7. Supported 9-track Open Reel & 3480 Tape drives

8. I have a problem with accept system call behavior, 2.6 different from 2.5

9. Driver for Fujitsu IBM 3480 compatible tape drive

10. external 3480 tape drive ?

11. 9 track or 3480 tape drives on Linux

12. 9 track or 3480 tape drives

13. 3480, 3490, 3490E tape drive on AIX