help,how to get back my datavg?

Post by tony » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 02:16:22

my RS6000 was trouble with power. power is good now,but my
datavg(include hdisk1) cannot varyon, so i export datavg ,and want to
import again.  this is output:

# importvg -y datavg hdisk1
0516-086 lqueryvg: Volume group descriptor area has a bad block.
0516-086 lqueryvg: Volume group descriptor area has a bad block.
0516-562 redefinevg: Unable to access physical volume hdisk1
0516-780 importvg: Unable to import volume group from hdisk1.
#

there are much important data in datavg , how to do ?

thanks!!!

Post by Chris Matter » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 12:25:46

> my RS6000 was trouble with power. power is good now,but my
> datavg(include hdisk1) cannot varyon, so i export datavg ,and want to
> import again.  this is output:

> # importvg -y datavg hdisk1
> 0516-086 lqueryvg: Volume group descriptor area has a bad block.
> 0516-086 lqueryvg: Volume group descriptor area has a bad block.
> 0516-562 redefinevg: Unable to access physical volume hdisk1
> 0516-780 importvg: Unable to import volume group from hdisk1.
> #

> there are much important data in datavg , how to do ?

Since this is important data, you will of course have a backup.
Have IBM maintenance replace your bad disk, recreate the (empty)
vg, and restore from the backups.

                       chris Mattern

1. Help getting back on to the network

Howdy all,
    This might sound amateur, but i haven't been able to configure my
network to work with linux. I have a Pent200MMx box (32MB RAM) with a 3Com
905 Tx card. It is running both Win95 and Linux. I have been able to set up
a module to recognize the ethernet card, but i haven't been able to properly
configure the rc.d/inet1 ? file, and have looked through a lot of FAQ's with
no avail. I have ran <netconfig> and that didn't help either. Right now i'm
hooked up to a LAN at a university, and i had no problem setting up the
network for Win95. Any suggestions. I have a thing in Win95 that gives me my
IP address, and i
don't know how useful that is. I'm hooked up from my dorm room, and when i
remotely log in to the Sun machines in the CS lab, i give my IP in the
"setenv DISPLAY" statement. I hope this helps.

Thanx much
--igor
--
"The handle's Flanders but my friends call me Ned"
  'Hi, Flanders'

2. RH5.2 Loaded fine...nothing works!!!

3. Help: Problem Getting F50 back onto Network after moving box

4. Where's my {shared memory,semaphores,message queues}?

5. Help getting LILO back up!!!

6. Kernel Rebuild For sound.

7. PPP-Back to back connection. HELP.

8. solaris 10 sendmail

9. HELP: routing for 2 ethernets back-to-back?

10. Restore from mksysb, lost datavg

11. export/import datavg problem

12. Is it possible to mirror a datavg from local to a disk on another server?

13. drive failure of datavg