printf() in the kernel

Post by Koucha, Rachid [CTF:4927:EXCH » Wed, 15 May 2002 05:16:58

Hi,

I am trying to write a kernel extension (i.e. a little file system) and
would like to display some debug information on the screen. How can I do
that ? printf is not available ?

Regards.

printf() in the kernel

Post by Paul Landa » Wed, 15 May 2002 19:22:18

> I am trying to write a kernel extension (i.e. a little file system) and
> would like to display some debug information on the screen. How can I do
> that ? printf is not available ?

You need an ascii display attached to the s1/tty0 port
and you need to do:
  bosboot -D ...
and then reboot.  You should see your printfs now.

Paul Landay

printf() in the kernel

Post by Bino » Wed, 15 May 2002 20:46:40

Quote:> Hi,

> I am trying to write a kernel extension (i.e. a little file system) and
> would like to display some debug information on the screen. How can I do
> that ? printf is not available ?

u can use uprintf..
Quote: