performance monitoring tool for AIX

Post by soh.. » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi, All.
I'm looking for a performance monitoring software (like IBM's perfagent
and perfmgr) for AIX.

I find the free utility 'monitor' works better than perfmgr.
but we need more functionality than that.

I've been using IBM's performace toolbox for few years, but it doesn't
seem to work always!   Someone in my group has been tried to make
this work for months after months, and my boss finally got sick of it.
We have about 20 AIX boxes and a lot of time some of the machines
stop reporting to the perfmgr.

Is there third party product that actually work?
One thing we tried was a product called "teamquest"
My boss liked teamquest, but I'd like to find out what are
the options and compare the differences.

Thanks in advance.

-Min Sohn

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

performance monitoring tool for AIX

Post by sarah.. » Sat, 13 May 2000 04:00:00

Have a look at BMC's Best1

Sarah

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Graphic performance monitoring tools for AIX?

Hi, all.

        IBM have thoroughly honked me off with their tricks with the Performance
Toolbox/Perfomance Aide for AIX.

 So, I'm looking for any suggestions as to decent commercial graphic-oriented
system performance monitoring tools that will run under AIX 4.1.5.

Anyone?

2. IBM 4070 IJ - printcap problem

3. Can somebody recommend some performance turing toosl and monitor tools for AIX,

4. 64MB Memory Limit?

5. AIX performance monitoring tool

6. A Message To Linux OS Developers

7. Performance Monitoring Tools in Heterogenious environs

8. ypbind client: can't get rdev

9. Performance monitoring tool

10. performance monitoring tool

11. performance monitoring tool?