Any command to bring back an rm-ed file ?

Any command to bring back an rm-ed file ?

Post by Janos Lob » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 08:59:24

Hi,

I accidentally did an:

rm *.dat

in my test sybase directory which silently removed a file called

/sybase/tst11/temptst1.dat

Without that file - which containes a device for the tempdb database of
Sybase my test system does not function correctly.  Is there a command
or option in AIX - like salvage on Novell - which can bring back this
file ?

Thanks ahead,
Jnos

Any command to bring back an rm-ed file ?

Post by Yves Bourdea » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 10:30:42

No, but there is a undelete for Aix at:

http://www.compunix.com/

Quote:> Hi,

> I accidentally did an:

> rm *.dat

> in my test sybase directory which silently removed a file called

> /sybase/tst11/temptst1.dat

> Without that file - which containes a device for the tempdb database of
> Sybase my test system does not function correctly.  Is there a command
> or option in AIX - like salvage on Novell - which can bring back this
> file ?

> Thanks ahead,
> Jnos

1. Samba: W98 app. thinks rm-ed file exists

Hi:

I am running Samba, the VMware version on Suse 7.1 with kernel 2.4.2.  I
have W98 2nd. ed. running in the VM, and it can see my Linux filesystem
just fine.  Vmware is version 2.0.4.

Trouble is, I make a change to a file on the Linux side, and a Windows
app still thinks it exists.  In fact, I have the drive 'e:' mapped to my
home dir, and in a DOS prompt, the file doesn't appear, nor does it
appear in Windoze Explorer.  But, the Windows application still opens
the file!   Closing the app. then re-opening it within the same W98
session doesn't fix it.  If I log out of the W98 session then log back
in, then the app. gives a file not found error when I try to open the
file.

I have put kernel oplocks = false into the smb.conf file for VMware,
because this fixed the exact same problem when it happened with W95
guest.

But it doesn't seem to be fixing the problem this time.

Thank you for your comments!
--
_______________________
Christopher R. Carlen

2. Openlinux printer trouble.

3. ed command in an install file but ed not found - what to do please?

4. DELL laptop / Cirrus CL-CD7543

5. cant bring back ftp server after using ftpshut command

6. Bash jobs problem

7. rm'ed files' space remains till reboot?

8. XFree86 Frequently Asked Questions

9. Can you recover rm'ed files on a _single user_ system?

10. rm'ed files' space remains till reboot?

11. Moving 'rm'ed files to /tmp?

12. re-linking rm'ed, open files

13. need help in bringing back ftp server after running ftpshut command