Default SCSI command Timeout calue??

Post by Vikram » Sun, 24 Feb 2002 20:39:35

Hello,

can anyone tell me what is the default time out value for a
SCSI command? is it ok to set the timeout value to '0' when
I'm sending a SCSI sommand to a device?

Vikram

Post by Sarad » Mon, 25 Feb 2002 02:45:21

> Hello,

> can anyone tell me what is the default time out value for a
> SCSI command? is it ok to set the timeout value to '0' when
> I'm sending a SCSI sommand to a device?

> Vikram

Hi Vikram,

  It is scsi driver dependant. In Solaris, default timeout is 60
seconds.  It checks for
zero value of timeout and sets it to 60 secs. Most of the operating
system scsi drivers
set to default values.

 But, it is not good idea to depend on how scsi driver interpret  zero
value of
 scsi pass thru commands. A value of 30sec will be good to identify
all sort
 of failures if any.

-Thanks,
 Saradhi.

1. Help needed ! (scsi : aborting command due to timeout)

Hello there:
        I am trying to install linux with the hareware below:
                     TP4XE55
                     AHA 1542CF
                     Quantum TRB850S
                     32 MB -6 (16X2) RAM
                     PCI CN970EBT NIC
 But when I start to boot from boot disk (scsinet1, ascnet1), I got the
message below:

scsi : adaptec 1542
scsi : 1 host
scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 0, scsi0, id0, lun 0 0x00 00 00
00 00 00
SCSI host 0 abort() timed out - resetting
Sent BUS DEVICE RESET to target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0

        This message repeats infinity.........

        Could anyone please help me??

        I used Intel MB last month & found that it wasn't as stable as I
wanted, so I am now cswitching it to TP4XE55, strange....

Ken

--

Kent Nyiau Sin Kian from Malaysia. A Junior in MIS, National Central Univ.
Love Hwong Chang Ching. Care of her for the rest of her life.

2. XF86-3.1 everything's dark

3. scsi: aborting command due to timeout

4. 3 PCI buses, not all found in /proc/pci or lspci, but scanpci sees

5. SCSI command timeout

6. wu-ftpd and ls and ls -l

7. Linux INFO-SHEET

8. SCSI timeouts during boot - command to ignore?

9. SCSI command timeouts - Can't install

10. SCSI: aborting command due to timeout....?

11. SCSI: aborting command due to timeout

12. SCSI: Aborting command due to TIMEOUT