How to send secured email via sendmail

Post by Y » Sat, 09 Jun 2001 15:42:46

Hi,
Is there any way to send a secured (encrpted) mail via sendmail and
can be easily retrieved using email client like outlook?
Thanks.
Y.Wei

Post by Villy Kru » Sat, 09 Jun 2001 16:19:30

>Hi,
>Is there any way to send a secured (encrpted) mail via sendmail and
>can be easily retrieved using email client like outlook?
>Thanks.
>Y.Wei

You encrypt before sending it to sendmail.  Various PGP and "openssl
smime" can take an email message as input and produce an encrypted email
message as output which you can then use as input to sendmail.

Or use Netscape mail program that has s/mime built-in.  Also Outlook
Express has s/mime built in, but Outlook might not have.

Villy

1. How to send email via my isp's smtp server with sendmail: SuSE 8.0

on Friday 27 Sep 2002 14:59 someone called Venus & Dick tried to persuade
us that:

Any particular reason why you can not send e-mail directly?
--
G.Arlington
== The more you know, the better you realise how little you really know...

2. Printer accounting on Solaris 2.x (2.3 at present)

3. test on Admin I on Solaris

4. extract email from text file and send an email to the email address

5. Trouble seeing new SCSI drive

6. Sending a file via email from unix to Microsoft Outlook 2000

7. varargs.h missing?

8. how to send attachment via email in script?

9. can't send out email via pine and port 110 can't connected

10. Sending syslogd messages via email

11. Argh - can't send e-mail with KMail via yahoo!

12. send email via C++