netstat, SP switch, LAPI/KLAPI

Post by Holger van Kol » Thu, 15 May 2003 01:34:36

/usr/lpp/ssp/css/estat

> Hi,

> Do the ipkts and opkts columns in the output of netstat -ni for a
> switch interface (css[01]) include packets that do not traverse the
> IP stack, such as LAPI and KLAPI?  If not, is there a tool that
> displays a byte count of non-IP traffic over the switch?

> Regards,

> Nicholas

netstat, SP switch, LAPI/KLAPI

Post by Holger van Kol » Thu, 15 May 2003 15:52:56

no, I am not sure.
if you have non-ip-traffic, you could compare netstat -in / estat output
  to see if that differs.

I dont have any detailed documentation about estat

Post by Nicholas Drone » Thu, 15 May 2003 23:28:47

HvK> no, I am not sure.
HvK> if you have non-ip-traffic, you could compare netstat -in / estat output
HvK>   to see if that differs.

I have *lots* of non-IP traffic.  As I said in my OP, I'm looking
for a way to track LAPI and KLAPI traffic.  LAPI traffic includes
all of the MPI I/O.  I believe KLAPI includes all of the GPFS I/O.

I did a quick comparison of estat and netstat -ni numbers and they
appear to be coming from the same ifnet structure.  I'm still waiting
for IBM to tell me whether the ifnet numbers include LAPI/KLAPI
packets/bytes.

Regards,

Nicholas

--
"Why shouldn't I top-post?"    http://www.aglami.com/tpfaq.html
"Meanings are another story."  http://www.ifas.org/wa/glossolalia.html

   The subject pretty much says it all.  How do I map a tab to three
spaces?  On SunOS 4.1.3, vi says "Too dangerous to map that" when I do a
':map tab "   "'.
--
Russell Mosemann     Concordia College      Voice: (402) 643-7445
Computing Center     Seward, NE 68434       Fax:   (402) 643-4073

2. FS: New 3Com ImpactIQ ISDN Modem

3. Solaris 8 netstat -sP tcp output

4. ncurses 1.8.1

5. Removing an SP Switch - Documentation needed

6. Help setting directory rights for uploaded files

7. SP switch table question

8. Problem with my Networkcard

9. ? What is your SP switch setting ?

10. tcpdump and aix and SP switch interface

11. Getting SP switch statistics from kernel.

12. SP Switch problem

13. Storix - SP switch backups