weird times in Netscape history list

Post by Postin » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I am running Netscape Communicator 4.05 for AIX.  I have noticed
that all the times in the Netscape history list are bogus,
apparently off by a large constant factor.  Recent times are
in early 1970, while other times cycle through the 1990s and
into 2000.  Otherwise the time on the machine seems normal,
and daylight savings time is set correctly.

Does anyone know how to correct this behavior?

Thanks alot!

Lester

--

Post by Robert Kenned » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I am running Netscape Communicator 4.05 for AIX.  I have noticed
> that all the times in the Netscape history list are bogus,
> apparently off by a large constant factor.  Recent times are
> in early 1970, while other times cycle through the 1990s and
> into 2000.  Otherwise the time on the machine seems normal,
> and daylight savings time is set correctly.

> Does anyone know how to correct this behavior?

Reload Netscape and it should be okay.  I had this very same problem
after loading UG and Y2K patches, but loading Netscape 4.06 worked.
Give it a go.

Rob
--
Robert Kennedy          Disclaimer -  Speaker for self and no other
fool.

Sona si Latine loqueris.

Post by Brian Haub » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>I am running Netscape Communicator 4.05 for AIX.  I have noticed
>that all the times in the Netscape history list are bogus,
>apparently off by a large constant factor.  Recent times are
>in early 1970, while other times cycle through the 1990s and
>into 2000.  Otherwise the time on the machine seems normal,
>and daylight savings time is set correctly.

Netscape ships with its own version of libc. Certain updates to
bos.rte.libc broke Netscape's libc.  You are probably in need of the
'fixed' libc which can be gotten from:

ftp://aix.software.ibm.com/aix/efixes/netscape

See the README for more info.

I believe Netscape 4.06 ships with these updated libraries.

--

PGP fingerprint = 0C 9B 2B 4F F8 68 12 81  DC 0A 13 43 FF 50 D0 1F