real/virtual memory

Post by emmanuelbocq.. » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Im running AIX 4.3.2 on a Risc RS6000,
It has 512 MB of real Memory
       1384 MB of paging space
I am running the 2.1.5

When I run the monitor I Get:

free        4 MB    154 MB
procs     110 MB   1229 MB
files     397 MB
total     512 MB   1384 MB

and when I run lsps -a:

Page Space  Physical Volume   Volume Group
Size   %Used  Active  Auto  Type
paging00    hdisk0            rootvg
872MB       5     yes   yes    lv
hd6         hdisk0            rootvg
512MB       8     yes   yes    lv

Can anyone explain me the difference between
the paging space utilisation ????

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. vmstat and real/virtual memory question

Can anyone tell me where the utility "vmstat" gets the information it
displays for the memory 'swap' and 'free' columns?

I am currently working on a SNMP agent in which I need current
information on max memory, available memory, max swap space, and
available swap space. I am currently pulling CPU usage out of the
"cpu_list" structure in the kernel address space. Could someone point me
in the right direction to get information for real and virtual memory?

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Fredrickson
CSG Systems, Inc.

2. AIX version of 'proctool'

3. Question on real/virtual memory displayed by Monitor

4. Panic on boot! ("VFS: Unable to mount root fs...")

5. Real Memmory /Virtual Memory /Physical Memory Accountancy.

6. LSF replacement for linux

7. memory uage - real, virtual & caching

8. REPOST: COMMERCIAL: ELF Linux Distribution on CD-ROM

9. How to find out the cpu usage, real & virtual memory usage ?

10. Obtaining a buffer of real (non-swap/virtual) memory

11. how to remap the memory on PCI card to a new virtual memory?

12. Free Virutal Memory is 1% even though Total Free Virtual Memory is above 1GB

13. mmap, virtual memory, physical memory