1. emacs-20.4 and AIX-4.2: some solution
Generally it is a bad habit to answer one's own questions.
This answer is (fortunately only partly) my own answer on
my own question.
Building emacs-20.4 on AIX-188.8.131.52 results in a core-dumping
Searching deja.com I came upon a few alike things and tried
I copied src/unexaix.c of the xemacs-21.1.6 distribution over
the one of emacs-20.4. This did not compile and I still do
not know why........next I edited this unexaix.c such that
int unexec (new_name, a_name, data_start, bss_start, entry_address)
char *new_name, *a_name;
unsigned data_start, bss_start, entry_address;
int unexec (char *new_name,
Then it compiled and I get a working emacs.
If anyone knows why this editing was necessary I would be
very curious about it.
Mazzel, cheers, bye, tabe, moi, tot ziens, have a nice day,
__________________________to be Y999T-compliant_____________________
Institute for Theoretical Physics | Phone: +31 15 2566804 |
University of Groningen | Phone: +31 70 3116092 |
P.O. Box 800 | Fax: +31 70 3112133 |
9700 AV Groningen, The Netherlands. | Yell: Very, Very loud |
---------------------- use: yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy/mm/dd-------------------
2. Problems with Trident 8900CL chipset and DOSEMU...
3. emacs-20.4 on AIX-4.2.1 dump core
5. trouble installing emacs-20.2 with Caldera linux-base 1.1
6. 2.4.0 and sudden death in X?
7. emacs-20.3 unexec problem
8. Looking for term2.x applications
9. Emacs-20.2 hangs in RedHat 5.0 alpha
10. NetBSD 1.5 and Emacs-20.7/20.4
11. Emacs-20.4 on 3.2
12. gnuserv and emacs-20.3
13. Solaris-2.6 Emacs-20 ignores most characters in X11 mode