httpdlite & imqsmdem

Post by Jose » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 08:49:57

I have running this two daemons and i don't know what is their utility ?
Can i stop them ? How to?

Thanks.
Aix,Linux, Humor,Mercadillo
http://web.madritel.es/personales2/jperezm
Portal de Aix en Espa?ol
http://www.aixpanish.com
Pgp Key ID:0xC38C7298

httpdlite & imqsmdem

Post by Nicholas Drone » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:18:20

> I have running this two daemons and i don't know what is their utility ?
> Can i stop them ? How to?

I think they're part of docsearch.  Unless you plan to use them,
comment out them out in /etc/inittab.  (Like everything on AIX,
there's a command for this: rmitab. :-)

Regards,

Nicholas

1. Problem with HTTPDLite on AIX 5.1

Hello all,

I have installed HTTPDLite to function as my documentation server on an AIX
5.1 box. when I connect to the server using 127.0.0.1 from the local
Netscape browser, everything works fine. Whenever I try to connect to the
actual IP address of the machine, the connection is rejected (even locally).
I can ping the machine locally and from another machine as well. I can also
telnet to it from another machine without any problem. I have already set
Internet and Documentation Services from SMIT.

Must I specify somewhere that HTTPDLite should bind itself to a particular
IP?

Thanks

2. Can't install x86: write_vtoc error

4. grip + setuid

6. Using env variables in quoted sed command

7. 没有人用中文吗?

8. Terminal broke at login? (help?!)

9. &&&&&& SUGGESTION ??? &&&&&&&&

10. Hercules &&&&&& SVGA ?

11. PERL && mod_perl && FreeBSD && Apache

12. &&&&&& NEEED HELP COMPAQ AND XXXXXXXXXXX

13. Русификация NetBSD (1.5.1) Locale koi8-r