How Do Routing Table Entries Get Added to Routing Table at Bootup?

How Do Routing Table Entries Get Added to Routing Table at Bootup?

Post by Joseph Krembla » Sat, 29 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have, what I think, is a simple question for the TCP/IP guys out there
who are familar with routing tables on AIX 4.1.5/4.2.1 in an IBM SP
environment. Or maybe not.

I have recently noticed that when I execute a 'netstat -r' on a
particular node in the SP environment, there are routing table entries
that I know I didn't put in there. I have to delete these "unwelcomed"
entries and re-add the correct ones. This is undesireable and maybe a
quick crash course in routing tables is justified. These unwelcomed
routing table entries seem to be automatically added right after I have
IPL'ed the node in question.

How did these routing table entries get added in the routing table? Does
anybody know the process?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

[...]

1. Why are entries getting added to routing table???

On an AIX 4.2.1 box I manage I configured a default gateway for the routing
table, and have no routing daemons running on the box (at least none that I
know of - routed and gated are not running).  However, from time to time I
see
a route or two get dynamically added into the routing table.

Why would this be happening when there's no routing daemons running on the
system?  Our network is running RIP.

--john

2. Important MS article for wintrolls trying linux.

3. Routing Table Entries at Bootup

4. ksh | read problem with Linux

5. How to delete route entry from routing table

6. Xconfig for Dell P60 with #9GXE and Dell 15"monitor..

7. default route entry vanishing from routing table

8. HELP! IRQ and sound card.

9. Routing table default route entry question

10. Routes added to route table auto-magically

11. What Is Proper Way to Add Static Routes ot Routing Table?

12. How to set up routing table or gateway tables for ppp?

13. building routing tables or listening to OSPF route information?