make: 1254-033 A macro cannot define itself

make: 1254-033 A macro cannot define itself

Post by Vivek Sin » Sun, 12 Jan 2003 20:16:32

Is there anyway we can redine macro in makefile of AIX as += does not work on AIX
ON Solaris
CFLAG += $(NEWMACRO)
works but on AIX both a and b fail on AIX
a.)CFLAG += $(NEWMACRO)
b.)CFLAG=$(CFLAG) $(NEWMACRO)

Is there anyway to refine macro without defining a new variable ?
Regards,
Vivek

Post by Paul Pluzhniko » Mon, 13 Jan 2003 04:14:46

> Is there anyway to refine macro without defining a new variable ?

We use GNU make on all platforms we build on.

Cheers,