VT220 Emulation on IBM3151

Post by vincent chi » Sun, 11 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have a few  IBM3151 terminal and would like them to emulate VT220
terminals.  I understand that IBM at one time made an interface but it is no
longer available.  Are there any vendors that may still have these
available?????

VT220 Emulation on IBM3151

Post by Bob Shai » Mon, 12 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I have a few  IBM3151 terminal and would like them to emulate VT220
> terminals.  IBM at one time made an interface but it is no
> longer available.  Are there any vendors that may still have these
> available?????

Yes, the 3151 models 11, 31, and 41 could be outfitted with
emulation cartridges (e.g. the "cartridge for connectivity")
which emulated VT220.

You might try some of the vendors on the web who still list
3151's, like http://www.dwc-computer.com/new_terminals.html
--
Bob Shair
Open Systems Consulting

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. ibm3151 terminal emulation

I'm a newbie (thought I'd get that out of the way) who's running RedHat
4.1, XFree86, and fvwm95-2.  I have a need to telnet to a RS/6000/AIX
box that's not running X at all but has an application that's very happy
with IBM 3151 terminals.  I was wondering if anybody out there knows how
to do this.   According to "toe" on my box, I have a couple of terminfo
entries for these terminals.  With my limited knowledge of
termcap/terminfo stuff I assumed that that meant I could get Linux to
understand how to look like an IBM 3151.  Any help that anybody could
give me on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Carl

P.S.  Replies via email would be best since I rarely have an opportunity
to scan the newsgroup.

2. RPM error: "Data type 9 not supprted" [sic]

3. IBM3151 Emulation (newbie question)

4. Panic Resolution

5. ibm3151 Terminal Emulation

6. X

7. ibm3151 emulation on windows

8. Requst info (not in FAQ) to make Epson 7000 print PostScript files from Linux app

9. Emulation ibm3151 on AIX 4.3.3 and 5.0 for a palm M505

10. Terminal Emulation (VT220) Library?

11. Looking for Comms program with VT220 Emulation

12. VT220 Emulation under Openwin

13. vt220 emulation