GUI for seting up named server on AIX ?

Post by Vincent Civil » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 23:23:31

I'd like to set up the named server on an AIX server.

I know how to set it up trough the file itself, but I'd rather
maintain it using a nice GUI.

Does anybody know if there is something existing for AIX ?

Thank's,
Vincent Civilio.

GUI for seting up named server on AIX ?

Post by Bob Mariot » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 22:13:47

Quote:>I'd like to set up the named server on an AIX server.

>I know how to set it up trough the file itself, but I'd rather
>maintain it using a nice GUI.

>Does anybody know if there is something existing for AIX ?

>Thank's,
>Vincent Civilio.

Vin;

Take a look at webmin at webmin.org - I've just installed it on my
Linux box and love it.  They have an AIX version and I'm planning on
using it there, too.   It's a freebee and all the update stuff is GUI.

Bob

GUI for seting up named server on AIX ?

Post by Mark Addis » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 05:59:18

I also use webmin on both AIX and Linux. It does the job with a fair amount
of validation.

regards
Mark

> >I'd like to set up the named server on an AIX server.

> >I know how to set it up trough the file itself, but I'd rather
> >maintain it using a nice GUI.

> >Does anybody know if there is something existing for AIX ?

> >Thank's,
> >Vincent Civilio.

> Vin;

> Take a look at webmin at webmin.org - I've just installed it on my
> Linux box and love it.  They have an AIX version and I'm planning on
> using it there, too.   It's a freebee and all the update stuff is GUI.

> Bob

GUI for seting up named server on AIX ?

Post by Ben » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 23:08:22

I looked on webadmin.org and could not find what you guys were talking about.
I think it's too early in the morning to be reading emails..

Uhhh... could I get a more verbose link?

  Thanks,

  -Ben

> I also use webmin on both AIX and Linux. It does the job with a fair amount
> of validation.

> regards
> Mark

>>>I'd like to set up the named server on an AIX server.

>>>I know how to set it up trough the file itself, but I'd rather
>>>maintain it using a nice GUI.

>>>Does anybody know if there is something existing for AIX ?

>>>Thank's,
>>>Vincent Civilio.

>>Vin;

>>Take a look at webmin at webmin.org - I've just installed it on my
>>Linux box and love it.  They have an AIX version and I'm planning on
>>using it there, too.   It's a freebee and all the update stuff is GUI.

>>Bob

GUI for seting up named server on AIX ?

Post by Ronny Petterse » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 01:58:53

Webmin... And it should be .net
http://www.webmin.net/

-Ronny

>I looked on webadmin.org and could not find what you guys were talking about.
>I think it's too early in the morning to be reading emails..

>Uhhh... could I get a more verbose link?

>  Thanks,

>  -Ben

<<CUT>>

<<CUT>>

>>>Take a look at webmin at webmin.org - I've just installed it on my
>>>Linux box and love it.  They have an AIX version and I'm planning on
>>>using it there, too.   It's a freebee and all the update stuff is GUI.

>>>Bob

GUI for seting up named server on AIX ?

Post by Robert Banniz » Mon, 11 Feb 2002 04:35:04

You could look at something like webmin found at freshmeat.net. However,
be warned that if using server as named server, you should elminate as
many security risks as possible. Running X with named is not advised.
Rather, if wanting to use GUI, use SSH to X forward app. to client
machine you are working from.

Robert

> I'd like to set up the named server on an AIX server.

> I know how to set it up trough the file itself, but I'd rather maintain
> it using a nice GUI.

> Does anybody know if there is something existing for AIX ?

> Thank's,
> Vincent Civilio.

1. How to Set Name-Server and EMail-Server in AIX

Dear everybody:
     I have a problem in AIX system (IBM RS6000). I don't know how to build
a name-server in AIX which can be accessed from PC. According to my
experience, there are a few troubles in limking between PC and AIX. If
someone could solve the problem please send a mail to me

    If you know the method to establish a mail-server mail me too.

    Thanks  a  lot !

Gordon Chen

2. faster access to proc

3. Help: Very slow name resolution on AIX 4.3.2 with name server

4. FS: Solaris 2.5 for x86

5. Setting up a caching DNS server in Linux - can't find server name

6. Timings for Olivetti CDU1493 monitor

7. Setting up a DNS secondary server: ***Can't find server name for ...

8. rexec for linux?

9. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

10. GUI to manage AIX DHCP & DDNS servers

11. What GUI admin is available to set-up a server?

12. Good GUI designer under AIX 4.2 AIX 4.3

13. AIX 4.1.5 named (Name Services)