mksysb restore "not enough disk space selected"

mksysb restore "not enough disk space selected"

Post by Christian Lai » Sun, 01 Jun 2003 00:57:19

I'm trying to do a mksysb restore from a system with 2 18GB mirrored rootvg
drives to a new machine with 2 36GB drives. When the system boots from the
mksysb it reports the following error:

"not enough disk space selected to contain os"

There has to be enough space on the new disk. Has anyone else seen this or
know of a workaround?

mksysb restore "not enough disk space selected"

Post by Steve Greatbank » Sun, 01 Jun 2003 07:19:31

Boot from the AIX5.1 install CD, then install the mksysb from the install
menus
and make sure you include both 36 GB disks as the target for the install...

Quote:> I'm trying to do a mksysb restore from a system with 2 18GB mirrored
rootvg
> drives to a new machine with 2 36GB drives. When the system boots from the
> mksysb it reports the following error:

> "not enough disk space selected to contain os"

> There has to be enough space on the new disk. Has anyone else seen this or
> know of a workaround?

1. ??: "xpm: Not enough colors." In "xpat2" Card Game???

I recently installed a solitaire game that was on my SlackWare 3.1
Linux distribution ... my first "extra" game!  When I try to run it I
get the "xpm: Not enough colors" error message.  Does anyone have any
ideas to "simplify" the game to not require this.

I'm running Linux V2.0.30, and fvwm95 in 800x600 bpp8 mode.  I don't
have enough RAM to run bpp16 or whatever.  I also updated the
"/usr/i486/linuxaout/lib/libxpm.so.4.?" from 3 to 5 as was required.

Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks in advance for any help.

   --------------------------------------
     Doug Mitton
      * In Brockville, Ontario, Canada
        (City of the Thousand Islands!)

      http://mulberry.com/~dmitton
   --------------------------------------

2. PPTP ip_conntrack_pptp multiple clients problem

3. ??: "xpm: Not enough colors" In "xpat2" Card Game?

4. broadcast trafic and IPFilter

5. SCSI on Sol8 - read: "not enough space"

6. displaying free disk disk block and files in korn shell using df

7. "ld: fatal: file /dev/zero: cannot mmap file: Not enough space"... but why ?

8. How to make UNIX installation Disks?

9. HELP -- fork: "not enough space"

10. Heritage of "gettimeofday", "gethostname", "select"?

11. "not enough drive space" error.

12. vi "not enough space" error

13. tape recover error "not enough space"