How to configure user shell to notice user of new email message

How to configure user shell to notice user of new email message

Post by hongbi.. » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Dear All:

We are just moviong dummy terminal to network
telnet session. But there is one problem when
user access AIX system through telnet rather than
serial line connection, we do not know how
configure user shell or profile so that user is
noticed whenever there is a new email message for
him. Generaily, there should be a banner*
around saying you have a new email.

Thank you very much for your help.

Before you buy.

How to configure user shell to notice user of new email message

Post by dbakk.. » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Make sure you have the MAILMSG defined in /etc/profile:

MAIL=/usr/spool/mail/$LOGNAME
MAILMSG="[YOU HAVE NEW MAIL]"

-dfb-

> Dear All:

> We are just moviong dummy terminal to network
> telnet session. But there is one problem when
> user access AIX system through telnet rather than
> serial line connection, we do not know how
> configure user shell or profile so that user is
> noticed whenever there is a new email message for
> him. Generaily, there should be a banner*
> around saying you have a new email.

> Thank you very much for your help.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.veryComputer.com/
> Before you buy.

Before you buy.

1. New Linux RD 7.1 user: how to configure Internet and email

Hello,
I'm trying Red Hat 7.1 And, of course, I'd like to try using it with
Internet and Email. I have KDE interface installed, but I don't know
how to start an internet session and email
Is there anyone that can help me ? Any documentation available ?
I have set as RH in Italian, so the Kmail help is not useful at all.
I've chosen the English (US) language also during installation.
Peraphs there is an english version manual also available ?

Thank you for anyone who could answer.

Ugo

2. WHOIS server

3. Program that notices registered users when themes they are interested in are updated, via e-mail.

4. x86 Boot enhancements, boot memory cleanup 5/9

5. User id aliases for email - should users roll their own?

6. Linux and generic ST-16C650 UARTS

7. nsca httpd server need to configure users for ~user resolve...

8. HELP! LILO with EIDE bombs.

9. How to configure fetcmail to retrieve multiple email for multiple users concurrently

10. User script-triggered user authentication? (full message)

11. message passing between user processes AND between a user process and kernel space

12. E-mail Messages to Local Users Being Queued, Not Delivered

13. Problem with Email getting to user - just hangs on first message