FC Adapter 6227 Problem: unknown packages required

FC Adapter 6227 Problem: unknown packages required

Post by Heiko Swar » Tue, 17 Dec 2002 18:28:57

Hi Experts,

I installed a 6227 FC-Card into a pSeries running AIX 5100-02.
After performing cfgmgr I receive a Warning asking for the following
packages:

devices.pci.fibre-channel
devices.pci.df1001f7  (yes 1001f7, not 1000f7)
devices.pci.pciclass.0c0400

None of these packages I found on die AIX-CD or in the AIX fixes area in the
WWW.

Who can give me a hint?
Thanks a lot!
Heiko

FC Adapter 6227 Problem: unknown packages required

Post by Hans-Joachim Ehler » Wed, 18 Dec 2002 07:32:32

Quote:> Hi Experts,

> I installed a 6227 FC-Card into a pSeries running AIX 5100-02.
> After performing cfgmgr I receive a Warning asking for the following
> packages:

> devices.pci.fibre-channel
> devices.pci.df1001f7  (yes 1001f7, not 1000f7)
> devices.pci.pciclass.0c0400

> None of these packages I found on die AIX-CD or in the AIX fixes area in
the
> WWW.

> Who can give me a hint?

AFAIK you can ignore the warning. I have had a simliar problem during a nim
installation.
Answer from IBM: ( Just from memory )- Do not worry about the message.
cfgmgr tried to load/install some extra software for similar devices. After
reruning cfgmgr -v does not give a error message like: could not configure
device . everthing should be Ok.

HTH
Hajo

CATE AIX/RS6000

FC Adapter 6227 Problem: unknown packages required

Post by Edward Melto » Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:56:04

Heiko,

Wassup? Your 6227 should have come with a device CD. I've run into
similar issues with LTO and 6228's (once with an SSA Enhanced RAID
adapter but I think the card or OS load was flakey). With the LTO
(fibre/SAN) the Atape driver takes care of these wacked filesets. For
the adapters popping the CD in the drive and doing a cfgmgr -i /dev/cd0
should do the trick.

BTW is the adapter showing up and working?

Ed

> Hi Experts,

> I installed a 6227 FC-Card into a pSeries running AIX 5100-02.
> After performing cfgmgr I receive a Warning asking for the following
> packages:

> devices.pci.fibre-channel
> devices.pci.df1001f7  (yes 1001f7, not 1000f7)
> devices.pci.pciclass.0c0400

> None of these packages I found on die AIX-CD or in the AIX fixes area in the
> WWW.

> Who can give me a hint?
> Thanks a lot!
> Heiko

1. map file for FC 6227 adapter

Hi,

Anyone can help me about the location in AIX 4.3.3, the map file between fc
protocol id and scsi id.

In breif, i search the location file such as lpfc.conf with emulex driver for
ibm fc driver here.

This file give the link between a scsi id and a switch fc port.

Any help will be appreciate !

In advance, thanks.

Best regards,

Charles THISE

2. Linux does not understand my HardDrive

3. IBM FC 6227 GigaBit Fibre Channel PCI adapter

4. Boot problem with two FBSD partitions

5. SSA 160 SerialRAID Adapter (14109100) FC 6235 & FC 6231

6. 2.6 compilation error help

7. Problem with unknown adapter

8. three interfaces, dmz, natd problem

9. 3c905B-TX problems -> Unknown adapter type 9055 detected

10. SUN StorEdge 2G FC PCI adapters

11. S1692DL Tiger 2 unknown PCI bridge :unknown Host bridge :unknown PCI Device

12. Colorado AB/FC-10 Tape Adapter board

13. FC adapter parameter?