Any conversion/training courses in US to move into an IT-related career ??

Post by Zephy » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Any conversion/training courses in US to move into an IT-related career ??

There are search engines for finding out virtually anything these days and
I heard even something like "How to make a nuclear bomb" is available
somewhere, so you might wonder why I am putting up this message. Objective
suggestions from experts are always worth paying attention to, especially
when one is considering a career change, so here I am.

I have a BA in physics (1994) and MSc in molecular orbital theory (1999). I
am familiar with C/C++, Fortran and Perl in Windows, Solaris and AIX.

I would like to take a course which would place me in a better position to
get a job in IT industry. IT industry of course include a vast number of
disciplines so I should make specific preference(s) so that I can expect
more focused suggestions.

Choice 1   commercial IT consultancy, development or UNIX administration
Choice 2   more science-based application of computing

I hope my Japanese/English skill would serve some use. I have been subtly
advised that I stand a very low chance of moving into IT-related field as I
have no solid experience.

Career changes are common phenomena in other places and Japan is following
the trend, mainly because of the current economic turmoil destroying some
of the cultural foundations. There must be, I am boldly assuming, some such
conversion/training courses in the US I can spend a few months on.

If you know any useful courses that would place me on a better path and
have time to make suggestions, please drop me a note.

Thanks.

Tadao
Fukuoka, Japan

Post by Zephy » Sun, 13 Jun 1999 04:00:00

[...]

1. Any conversion/training courses in US to move into an IT-related career ??

[...]

2. Redirecting already open window?

3. Is a career in AIX Unix a good career move?

4. Raid-1 with SCSI/EIDE...

5. A1000+Solaris8+raidmanger

6. AD: /training/etc/ Training Courses FYI

7. Building a streamserver - best capture/compress solution?

8. Online Training Course here

9. WTB:Sun training-Course books and CBTs

10. >> ANNOUNCING THE MJRB-TRAINING COURSE <<

11. Sys Admin Training Course ?

12. Solaris Training Course