RS6000 Monitor P200 pb

Post by moi hicha » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 23:49:23

hello everybody;

my configuration is as follow:
- RS6000 43P model 150
- Power GXT550P graphic adapter
- P200 color monitor
- 13W3 cable
- Aix 4.3

and my problem is:
- P200 led turns amber after 2seconds in the bootstart,
  and i have no display!

the connection is ok,
can sommeone gives me a piece of help.

Thanks a lot.

RS6000 Monitor P200 pb

Post by Bela Gazd » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 05:28:49

If you mean that you can not turn the monitor ON (green) because it switches
to "energy saver" mode (amber) - I've seen this with a P70. The monitor was
toast. If you have a cheap ASCII (dumb) terminal, hook it up to S1, or
whichever serial port is free, or, if connected, login remotely to get work
done until either you have the P200 fixed or replaced.

mh> hello everybody;

mh> my configuration is as follow:
mh> - RS6000 43P model 150
mh> - Power GXT550P graphic adapter
mh> - P200 color monitor
mh> - 13W3 cable
mh> - Aix 4.3

mh> and my problem is:
mh> - P200 led turns amber after 2seconds in the bootstart,
mh>   and i have no display!

mh> the connection is ok,
mh> can sommeone gives me a piece of help.

mh> Thanks a lot.

--
Bela Gazdy, EUCLID/AIX Systems Support

"...who shook his family tree, and a bunch of NUTS fell out."

RS6000 Monitor P200 pb

Post by Michael Jooste » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 02:00:19

> If you mean that you can not turn the monitor ON (green) because it switches
> to "energy saver" mode (amber) - I've seen this with a P70. The monitor was
> toast. If you have a cheap ASCII (dumb) terminal, hook it up to S1, or
> whichever serial port is free, or, if connected, login remotely to get work
> done until either you have the P200 fixed or replaced.

Yes, quite likely if:
You turn the monitor on, green light appears, after a second you even
might hear the faint noises of the high voltage being applied to the
tube, and then it just turns off with a amber or red light.

This often means that the powers supplies works, but when the H/V
deflection unit is started (after detecting the video signal), an
overcurrent condition is detected and the deflection unit (and the the
power supply) is switched back into energy saving. In most cases the
horizontal deflection circuit is toasted, the main transistor is busted
and became a zero ohms resistance and thus shunts the main voltage.

Difficult to repair without an expert. Simply replacing the transistor
(which is a rare and expensive one) will quite likely just kill the new
one again...

--

Fuerstenallee 11, 33094 Paderborn, Germany
Phone: +49 5251 606127, Fax: +49 5251 606065

RS6000 Monitor P200 pb

Post by moi hicha » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 03:30:33

no, i am not sure it is toasted;
i think it turns from green to amber, because it receive
no signal.
it is may be the graphic adapter who not send signal.

i want to know how i connect it to my pc and look what is the pb.
the goal is to use my pc as terminal.
what cable do i need to do tihs, serial cable , rj45?

thanks a lot for yours answers.