Keyboard not functioning

Post by Sau » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 00:36:35

Hello, I have an IBM 7026-6h1 AIX 4.3.3 connecting to a Rose KVM
terminal switch and keyboard is not working, mouse and display work
fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Keyboard not functioning

Post by Ben Kame » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 00:41:39

KVM's are a twitchy thing on RS/6000's.

I have found the Cybex brand of KVM's work best... most specifically the
Command 1xp/4xp or XP4xxx series.

Most other KVM's don't present the proper keyboard responses for an
RS/6000 (running AIX - as we found the same problem with Motorola
PPC hardware ONCE AIX was running but not in boot-monitor mode)

  -Ben

> Hello, I have an IBM 7026-6h1 AIX 4.3.3 connecting to a Rose KVM
> terminal switch and keyboard is not working, mouse and display work
> fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

1. keyboard not functioning under WindowMaker

Hi,

        I've encountered a keyboard lockup when using WindowMaker 0.14 on
XFree86 3.3.2 on RedHat 4.2 (kernel 2.0.33) on Dell OptiPlex GXa (PII
266MHz, 64M Ram, ATI Rage Pro 4M Ram).  No response to unlock my
xscreensaver-2.16 by typing password.  After I've killed my window
manager, no response on keyboard is also encountered.  After I killed the
X server, same result is obtained.  Finally, I reboot my system and
everything goes right.  What's the cause of the lockup? (I have a PS/2
keyboard and mouse).

Regards,
wkfung

2. what cdrw works well with laptop?

3. keyboard suddenly not functioning

4. netpbm

5. ksh -x does not work on function inside a function

6. email server with web interface

7. unix2dos on Solaris: could not get keyboard type US keyboard assumed

8. Changing clock forwards & back

9. keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?(f4)

10. function, function...who's got the function?

11. Q: could not allocate sharedmem buf: Function not implemented

12. Function Key codes in keyboard.c

13. Keyboard extra function keys w/ linux+XFree86?