MOTIF/X-WINDOWS EXPERTS (CURSOR CHANGE QUESTION) !!!!!!!

MOTIF/X-WINDOWS EXPERTS (CURSOR CHANGE QUESTION) !!!!!!!

Post by GuestAccoun » Tue, 14 Jan 1997 04:00:00

For you programming experts out there:

I can currently change the cursor for the background window (screen)
by using the XDefineCursor routine.  HOW DO I CHANGE IT FOR ANYWHERE THAT I
MOVE THE MOUSE !!!???                                       --------

Thanks !!!

MOTIF/X-WINDOWS EXPERTS (CURSOR CHANGE QUESTION) !!!!!!!

Post by Serge Noira » Wed, 15 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Try to set in your $HOME/.Xdefaults file or in the file specified with
the XENVIRONMENT variable

*cursor: left_ptr ( for example )

Take care that an application can set this resource in it resources file.

--
Serge Noiraud                         BULL S.A. France ---- BULL Tl Service

http://www.bull.com                   44073 - Nantes CEDEX FRANCE
http://www.bull.fr                    Fax    : (33) 02 51 81 48 20

Hello!

I have 3 questions about X-windows:

Is there a good graphical bases typewriter (not editor) in which
i can write and layout text in x-windows, without using a bunch
of codes as in e.g. latech.

Is it possible to make a telnet like connection in a MS windows
based PC to a unix machine which is capable to run the X-windows
system. So i could use for example Xmaple when I am sitting home
where i dont have unix, but I do have a fast pc and internet.

Is there a special X-windows newsgroup?

Please e-mail me because i cant read the newsgroups so often.

thanks

Sander Zboray
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~zboray

2. DOUBLE BOOT OPTION?

3. no cursor in x-windows

4. yppush and ypxfr questions

5. Diamond Speedstar A55 and Cursor under X-Windows

6. Upgradign a dataless NIM-client

7. Cursor disappeared in X-Windows (total newbie)

8. CS4236 Soundchip

9. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

10. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

11. Automated testing of X-Windows/Motif applications.

12. X-Windows/Motif Workshop offerred at UC Santa Cruz extension