where to place 'vmtune' on startup

Post by Bert Moo » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 15:48:51

dear aix-gurus
to optimize my paging space, i'd like to place 'vmtune' in a start-script.
in which script should i place this command to be sure, it is run every time
the system reboots.

thanx alot
bert

where to place 'vmtune' on startup

Post by snogfest hosebeas » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 16:49:22

try /etc/inittab

Quote:> dear aix-gurus
> to optimize my paging space, i'd like to place 'vmtune' in a start-script.
> in which script should i place this command to be sure, it is run every
time
> the system reboots.

> thanx alot
> bert

where to place 'vmtune' on startup

Post by Tom » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 11:07:40

Quote:>dear aix-gurus
>to optimize my paging space, i'd like to place 'vmtune' in a start-script.
>in which script should i place this command to be sure, it is run every time
>the system reboots.

>thanx alot
>bert

I built an /etc/rc.<sitename> (sitename is our domain name) for all of our
ad-hoc startups - syslog additional config, console log redirection,
vmtune, and a hand full of other items. Then I put an entry in inittab for
our startup just after tcp/ip is initialized.

Post by Ted Linne » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 15:52:45

>dear aix-gurus
>to optimize my paging space, i'd like to place 'vmtune' in a start-script.
>in which script should i place this command to be sure, it is run every time
>the system reboots.

I put it at the start of my /etc/rc.local script.

Regards,

Ted.

| Nunawading, Victoria , Australia                           |