bull fixes vs ibm fixes

Post by mdk » Tue, 02 Oct 2001 05:12:09

Hi! I am really strugling to get a good maintenance procedure for updates
and fixes for AIX. We have Bull machines but it seems the bullcheck tool at
http://freeware.bull.net/ has not been updated since 1999.
Is it save to use the IBM fixes from
http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/rs6k/ml.fixes.html
or is this unsafe with the BULL "distro"?

Anyone with experience out there?

Thanx
MDK

bull fixes vs ibm fixes

Post by Jose Pina Coelh » Tue, 02 Oct 2001 07:01:15

> Hi! I am really strugling to get a good maintenance procedure for updates
> and fixes for AIX. We have Bull machines but it seems the bullcheck tool at
> http://freeware.bull.net/ has not been updated since 1999.
> Is it save to use the IBM fixes from
> http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/rs6k/ml.fixes.html
> or is this unsafe with the BULL "distro"?

It's unsafe to use the Bull fixes on IBM AIX and vice-versa.

The reason being IBM or Bull-specific device drivers.

bull fixes vs ibm fixes

Post by Gerhard A. Bartosc » Tue, 02 Oct 2001 17:52:38

You will find latest PTFs for Bull machines on www-opensup.bull.com

--
Kind regards

Gerhard A. Bartosch

iT Austria
Vienna

This opinion is mine and not necessarily that of my employer.
No guarantees whatsoever.

Quote:> Hi! I am really strugling to get a good maintenance procedure for updates