PAM related issue

Post by Venkata Giridhar . » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi ,

Does anybody know the equivalent  /usr/include/security/pam_appl.h of
solaris in AIX?
If it is not there, can anybody write to me where can I find  PAM
related data and functions to
verify password stuff.

Thanks in Advance.

regards,
Venkata Giridhar .V

PAM related issue

Post by Venkata Giridhar . » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I am posting again the same mail...

> Hi ,

> Does anybody know the equivalent  /usr/include/security/pam_appl.h of
> solaris in AIX?
> If it is not there, can anybody write to me where can I find  PAM
> related data and functions to
> verify password stuff.

> Thanks in Advance.

> regards,
> Venkata Giridhar .V

PAM related issue

Post by Alex Robinso » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

What version of AIX?

For AIX 4.3.3 see the file /usr/lib/security/methods.cfg. For earlier
versions, see the files /etc/security/user and /etc/security/login.cfg.

Regards,
Alex Robinson

> I am posting again the same mail...

> > Hi ,

> > Does anybody know the equivalent  /usr/include/security/pam_appl.h of
> > solaris in AIX?
> > If it is not there, can anybody write to me where can I find  PAM
> > related data and functions to
> > verify password stuff.

> > Thanks in Advance.

> > regards,
> > Venkata Giridhar .V

PAM related issue

Post by Venkata Giridhar . » Thu, 03 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi
The version of AIX is 4.2.1

Actually I need to port a piece of "C"code from solaris to AIX.
Could you tell me equivalent header file for pam_appl.h which  is having
PAM related
definitions.

Thanks in advance
Venkata Giridhar .V

> What version of AIX?

> For AIX 4.3.3 see the file /usr/lib/security/methods.cfg. For earlier
> versions, see the files /etc/security/user and /etc/security/login.cfg.

> Regards,
> Alex Robinson

> > I am posting again the same mail...

> > > Hi ,

> > > Does anybody know the equivalent  /usr/include/security/pam_appl.h of
> > > solaris in AIX?
> > > If it is not there, can anybody write to me where can I find  PAM
> > > related data and functions to
> > > verify password stuff.

> > > Thanks in Advance.

> > > regards,
> > > Venkata Giridhar .V

PAM related issue

Post by Norman Levi » Thu, 03 Feb 2000 04:00:00

AIX doesn't have PAM.  The closest thing might be
authentication routines.   Do a search on "auth1"
and look in the /etc/security/user file.

--
Norman Levin

1. UDMA Drive issues on boot related Ethernet card issue

I installed Redhat 8.0 last weekend and came up with the common problem
of the boot process hanging at the point of the 'hda: Partition
Check...'
I rebooted using the 'ide=nodma' option and it booted ok.
My problem now is that this seems to have disabled the 3c509 Etherlink
III network card - it won't activate for love nor money, despite the
fact that I provided it with all the correct parameters. I've tried
changing the IRQ and IO settings to no avail. I'm sure it's related to
this ide=nodma setting.
So, I tried editing the /etc/rc.d/sysinit.d file to include:
/sbin/hdparm -d0 /dev/hda
/sbin/hdparm -d0 /dev/hdb

I expected this to just turn off dma support for the two hard drives
rather than for all devices, but this doesn't work at all, in fact it
refused to boot again so I had to return to using ide=nodma during
bootup.

I have two hard disks installed, both on the primary IDE controller.
Both are supposed to support udma which is what surprised me in the
first place. I have two CD ROMs on the secondary IDE controller but they
are booted by linux without a problem.

My question is this - Could this problem be due to the configuration of
my hard disks which requires the ide-nodma switch, and thereby leads to
a disfunctional ethernet card? Or is it an issue with my ethernet card
directly, and that it doesn't matter whether I use ide=nodma anyway?

Cheers,
Carl.

2. AIX 4.3.2 mksysb running for 5 hours !!

3. kdm woes on RH 7.0 ( PAM related? )

4. PPP/Modem problem

5. RedHat 7.2 upgrade issues: pam

6. routing question

7. pam issues

8. Best place to ask beginners Linux questions

9. OpenSSH and PAM issues

10. 2 hardware relate issues

11. fcping - a utility to troubleshoot SAN related device issues

12. Hardware Related Issues would like working !

13. fcping - a utility to troubleshoot SAN related device issues