Char mode wyse 60/Oracle resource files

Post by Damian Hoga » Thu, 27 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Has anybody got the character mode resource files to allow me to run
Oracle Forms 4.5 and Reports 2.5 on a Wyse 60 terminal. The platform I
am using is IBM AIX 3.2.5, however if you have the .prn files I can
convert them back to .res files. The files I need are :

        fmrcwy60.res (or fmrcwy60.prn)
        rwcwy60.res (or rwcwy60.prn)

Unfortunately Oracle does not support this terminal type, which means I
have to try and build them from scratch - which is pretty difficult when
the terminal types they do supply don't generate without errors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Damian Hogan
Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited

1. Wyse 60 terminal problems

I cannot get any of my Wyse 60 terminals to work properly under SCO.

At login I set the terminal type as WY60 but I cannot get the terminals to
show things like vi etc properly.  Sometimes it even forces the WY60 to
reset.  I have also tried them in VT100 mode and I still get problems
(messed up screens).

Has anyone been able to get screens like these working properly ??  The
connection (digi portserver running realport) is not the problem.

Also, are there any decent shells for SCO - the supplied ones seem to have
problems backspacing (amoung others) and offer none of the features like
command cursor back that are provided in Solaris/Linux etc. I tried
installing zsh from skunkware but it stops me from entering scologin.

2. Top Command

3. Configuring Solaris to use a Wyse 60 AUX port as a printer?

4. Alpha Version of OpenBSD

5. Wyse 60 Terminal Emulation for X-Windows

6. Hostname Problem

7. Wyse 60 caplock esc seq.

8. Help Kernal Panic VFS:

9. Wyse WY-60 + Redhat 7.1