Where To Find Strong SP2 Administrators (Southern California)

Where To Find Strong SP2 Administrators (Southern California)

Post by Mark » Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:14:07

I'm trying to find 3 or 4 strong AIX adminstrators (Southern
California), preferably with SP2 experience.  Does anyone have any
suggestions??

Thanks,

Mark

Post by Daniel Packm » Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:32:04

>I'm trying to find 3 or 4 strong AIX adminstrators (Southern
>California), preferably with SP2 experience.  Does anyone have any
>suggestions??

Get the administrators hired on and then get them weight equipment
to work out on. Should be strong in no time.

--
Daniel Packman
NCAR/ACD

Post by Dan Fost » Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:50:26

>>I'm trying to find 3 or 4 strong AIX adminstrators (Southern
>>California), preferably with SP2 experience.  Does anyone have any
>>suggestions??

>Get the administrators hired on and then get them weight equipment
>to work out on. Should be strong in no time.

Nah, an even easier way is to have a group of SP admins carefully
move a 950 pound empty SP frame down several stairs in a tight
corridor. You'd be surprised how extraordinarily difficult such a
"simple" sounding task is!

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, and it sucked :-)

Fortunately, the new datacenter has huge doors that opens directly
to a loading dock...no stairs involved, whatsoever! First floor, too.

Well, to the original poster (Mark J): You'll probably be able to
easily find SP admins if the client is willing to pay relocation
costs or provide significant relocation assistance. If not, then
maybe you'll get lucky and find someone in the area.

-Dan

1. Consultants in Southern California

Any consultants in the Orange County or southern LA that work with linux?

If so Leave me netmail as I may know where you can get some work.

Also any plain old gurus that could stand to make some extra maney please
also respond.

Thank you

--
/-------_---------------_---------------------------------_----------------\

|   |   |               | Snail Mail=13772 Goldenwest #236|  \  /\  /\  /  |
|  /|\  | ;-) :-) ;^>   | Westminster, CA. 92683          |   \/  \/  \/   |
| / | \ |               | (v) 714-554-2804x546            |   /\  /\  /\  /|
\_______-_______________-_________________________________-__/__\/__\/_ \/_/

2. Seagate ST-01/02 info/experiences

3. Southern California Linux Users Mailing List

4. squid problem

5. Linux Users in Southern California Mailing list.

6. sh mail notification

7. Linux job openings in Southern California

8. XGetGeometry() under fvwm

9. JOB - Southern CT for Unix Administrator

10. UNIX Systems administrator (strong SunOs, Telco exp) ----- East Bay

11. Senior Unix Systems Administrator needed California