AIX anonymous FTP list, and porting to AIX FAQ

AIX anonymous FTP list, and porting to AIX FAQ

Post by Frederick Staa » Fri, 23 Aug 1991 08:50:33

        It seems that I have been spending half my life porting software to our RS/6000 computers.  It is time to ease the pain for myself and others!

        I am building an anonymous ftp list for AIX.  Everyone who
has software ported to AIX available via anonymous ftp should send me
mail describing the ftp address, what is available, which version of
the operating system, what hardware is required, and where it is.  In
addition I'm starting a "Porting to AIX FAQ" which will describe how
to port specific packages to the RS/6000.  I encourage people to send
me Makefiles, scripts and READMEs specific to porting RS6000 software.

        I almost always get my incoming mail.  My outgoing mail is
broken (the "feature" of using a relay host will not be not be in
sendmail until AIX 3.2 according to my SE.)  In a few weeks I will be able to put the ftp list on anonymous ftp.  Right now our new main server is on order (the PO has been cut) so I will wait until it shows up.

--
Frederick Staats

(408) 459-3575
Santa Cruz Institute for Particle Physics
University of California at Stanta Cruz

1. List of AIX/RS6000 anonymous ftp sites

Has anyone compiled a list of anonymous ftp sites for AIX and/or
RS6000 programs and information? This would be extremely useful if it
available.

Tim Reed                             Motorola SPS
PRISM CIM Systems Administrator

2. Spooler ? lpd?

3. how can i do to make Aix ftp anonymous longin?

4. mailing an attachment from script

5. New AIX 3.2 and '6000 announcements avaliable via anonymous ftp

6. NIS password not updating right away on NIS client running CentOS

7. Securing Non-Anonymous FTP on AIX 4.3.2

8. Is it physical or logical corruption?

9. Anonymous ftp in AIX 3.2.1

10. Summary: Controlling Anonymous FTP on AIX

11. I volunteer to administer a FAQ list for AIX V3 and V2(RT)

12. FTP script on AIX 2.2.1 (AIX on RT 6150)

13. IBM AIX: Locale and BIND fixes on ftp.software.ibm.com/aix/efixes/security