kgettickd() under AIX?

Post by Harlan Sten » Sat, 21 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I'm trying to write a small test program which calls kgettickd() and
tells me the values of the three arguments so I can try to get xntpd
working better under AIX.

The program refuses to link because kgettickd() subroutine doesn't get
resolved.

Can anybody shed some light here?

Please respond via email.

Thanks...

1. How to call Kernel Extensions - kgettickd()?

I'm trying to call the kernel extension called kgettickd.  When I try a simple
compile and link, I get the following link error:

# cc tick.c
 0706-317 ERROR: Unresolved or undefined symbols detected:
                  Symbols in error (followed by references) are
                  dumped to the load map.
                  The -bloadmap:<filename> option will create a load map.
 .kgettickd

When I specify the export file, it compiles and links, then aborts when I try
to run it:

 # cc tick.c -bI:/lib/kernex.exp

 # chmod +x a.out

 # a.out
 Illegal instruction(coredump)

 #

I am on AIX 3.2.5 and am running the above as root.  A search of the libs in
/usr/lib using nm does not find the kgettickd routine in any library.

All help is appreciated,

Steve Cooper

2. mouse problem in x windows

3. AIX anonymous FTP list, and porting to AIX FAQ

4. PLAY and aliasing network printers

5. Upgrading from AIX 4.3.2 to AIX 4.3.3

6. Linux books

7. Upgrading from AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5.1

8. oss sound setup

9. AIX 4.3.3 or AIX 4.3.2

10. AIX 4.2 vs AIX 4.3

11. AIX smit Re: Solaris vs AIX

12. How to map CECP <-> AIX Code for tn3270 for AIX 3.2?

13. Running AIX 4.3 application on AIX 5.0