Auto sync directory via FTP

Post by Pancrazio Auter » Sat, 18 Nov 2000 09:16:47

Good morning,
I have to synchronize two directories, one is on my AIX and the other one is
on a Windows server.
When a file is created on the monitored AIX directory the daemon should
upload the file on the Windows FTP server.

I'm looking for a software product doing this.

Thank you in advance for help.

Ciao, for now

Pankry

Auto sync directory via FTP

Post by Tony Cost » Mon, 20 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I would try writing a shell script that looks for the file and ends if no
file exists, and ftp's the file and then deletes or disposes whatever you
want if it does. Then put the script to run in the cron every 10 mins or
something.

Quote:> Good morning,
> I have to synchronize two directories, one is on my AIX and the other one
is
> on a Windows server.
> When a file is created on the monitored AIX directory the daemon should
> upload the file on the Windows FTP server.

> I'm looking for a software product doing this.

> Thank you in advance for help.

> Ciao, for now

> Pankry

1. Help On FTP VIA HTTP -- Browser does not list ftp directory?

Hi

 Thanks for helping, First fo all.

  My problem is not the ftp server. It works fine under the command
line.

  However, when I try to access the ftp directory via a browser, nothing
from the ftp directory was listed from on the browser. All I see is
"Current Directory is /".

  I read that when a requested directory does not have a index.html, the
httpd will list all the content of the directory. But nothing
happens....

  I tried editing the httpd.conf and added a <Directory> section for
/home/ftp but it does not fix the problem. So I tried adding .htaccess
file under /home/ftp but it also does not work. I concluded that it is
not the problem of httpd. So where is the problem?

  Thanks again for the help.

Patrick

2. Constant inbound activity

3. remote directory sync via ssh tunnel

4. Why linux ?

5. How to periodic sync some files via ftp?

6. Intel 21555 Non-transparent PCI-to-PCI bridge configuration

7. auto-fetching files via ftp under Linux

8. Installing xTunes- help!

9. auto. ftp via cron

10. FTP server: how to auto-change permission of directory?

11. Error while booting: auto: auto: No such file or directory

12. Auto dial-ISP and auto-FTP download

13. Can I mount a remote directory via FTP?