REQ: devices.pci.b7100010

Post by Lawry Sim » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

When trying to add a 3com 905C Etherlink card to my 43P (AIX 4.2.1.0), I get
the message that I need to install devices.pci.b7100010

They don't come on the disks with the network card, nor are they on the AIX
installation media (I've checked 4.1.5, 4.2.1, and 4.3.2).  I also cannot
get drivers from either the 3Com website or the IBM website (as much use as
a chocolate teapot).

Does anyone have any idea where I can get devices.pci.b7100010 from?

Thanks,
Lawry

--
Lawry Simm
Technical Consultant - Lynx Heywood Limited

REQ: devices.pci.b7100010

Post by LAIX Software Consultin » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

When AIX queries the device, the device returns some sort of PCI ID to tell AIX
which driver to use for that device.  Just because AIX tells you the driver it
needs based on that ID, doesn't necessarily mean it actually exists.

Regards,
Paul