Backup Oracle 8.1.6 on AIX version 4.3

Post by Tu Thanh Pho » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 00:49:20

Hi
May somebody give me an over view and if possibile the detail schema
on backuping Oracle 8.1.6 on IBM/AIX 4.3
I had used only Rman on Windows/NT platform to do this operarion.

With Thanks

Backup Oracle 8.1.6 on AIX version 4.3

Post by H?kan Ekdah » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 18:40:41

And what is preventing you from keep using RMAN on AIX also?
RMAN is the way to go!
/HE

Quote:> Hi
> May somebody give me an over view and if possibile the detail schema
> on backuping Oracle 8.1.6 on IBM/AIX 4.3
> I had used only Rman on Windows/NT platform to do this operarion.

> With Thanks

1. Aix 4.3 and Oracle

I need to upgrdae an Oracle 7.3.4 database to Oracle 8.1.6.

Oracle 8.1.6 is installed and other 8.1.6 databases are running OK.

After starting the Oracle 7.3.4 instance under 8.1.6, what upgrade
scripts do I need to run  ( Environment Aix 4.3 )

If anyone who has done that recently can please point me to
any recent documentation or better yet, specify the steps involved
with script names ( like uxx8xxx.sql etc. ), that will be so much
helpful.

Thanks
Willy

2. Error: Can't Open Display

3. aix version 4.3 CD pack

4. routing in supernets

5. AIX 4.3 using Bind version 8 and underscores in hostnames

6. Help with Linux 5.2

7. Tivoli / TSM web backup client on AIX 4.3

8. FREE - C/BASE 4GL Database/Develpment Kit!

9. Incremental backups in AIX 4.3

10. IBM AIX version 4.2.x and 4.3 Gigabit Drivers

11. How to backup and restore AIX with DCE 2.2, CICS and Encina 4.3 installed

12. C++ for AIX version 4.3

13. Checksums in AIX 4.3 backup/restore files