Sendmail problem

Post by C C » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 04:44:01

We have a Microsoft Exchange server as our mail delivery server for local
and Internet mail.  We are able to send mail from the AIX to our users in
the Exchange server.  However, when we send mail to a user on the Exchange
server, even though the is delivered correctly to the user, the AIX sendmail
daemon returns this error message to the AIX user:

Subject: Returned mail: deliver: null host name in signature
Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure)

What seems to be causing this???

Thanks in advance for pointing me to the right direction with regards to
this problem.

Additional info:  We don't have DNS in our AIX, we use the /etc/hosts file
for address resolution;  I have the Dw, Dm, Cw, and DS entries in the
/etc/sendmail.cf file

Carlos

Sendmail problem

Post by Tom Hoffma » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:22:59

>We have a Microsoft Exchange server as our mail delivery server for local
>and Internet mail.  We are able to send mail from the AIX to our users in
>the Exchange server.  However, when we send mail to a user on the Exchange
>server, even though the is delivered correctly to the user, the AIX sendmail
>daemon returns this error message to the AIX user:

>Subject: Returned mail: deliver: null host name in signature
>Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure)

Check the mail log on the AIX box, there may be clues there. The
meesage suggests that the AIX box is sending messages with mal-formed
sender addresses. Try running:

from the command line to see the header detail as it leaves AIX and to
view the smtp dialog.

1. sendmail problem 1.2.13 sendmail server.....child wait

Hello ..

I upgraded from kernel 1.0.9 to 1.2.13

now my sendmail outgoing is become veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
slow...............

In ps -ax I see always sendmail : server ..... child wait

in my mailq I see the messages a being processed

after 3- 5 minutes is is send out..

When I go back to linux 1.0.9 everything is back to normal..

The mail is send over compressed slip, using DIP..

did someone had the same experience and solved the problem?...

greetings sikko de graaf

2. How to pipe a list of files to a perl script

3. Repost from com.mail.sendmail, problem with solaris /etc/hosts and sendmail

4. User-level NFS server

5. sendmail problems or mail loop problems

6. Epson Stylus Color II under Debian 2.0

7. Need help with a routing problem or a sendmail problem.

8. Internet configuration on non X terminal

9. Solaris x86 2.4 && firewall sendmail problem

10. Sendmail problem.. please help !!!

11. sendmail problem

12. sendmail problem with red-hat 4.1

13. sendmail problem...