hosts.lpd netgroup entries won't work on 4.3.2.0

hosts.lpd netgroup entries won't work on 4.3.2.0

Post by Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocesso » Thu, 07 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

subject says all.  I have /etc/hosts.lpd with just one active entry:

However, I still can't print remotely from any of the hosts in
the puhosts netgroup:

your host does not have line printer access.

Clues, anyone?

--
Cheers =8-} Mike
Friede, V?lkerverst?ndigung und berhaupt blabla

1. hosts.lpd file entry for unrestricted access?

Please, if anyone have any information on this, please let me know.
I'm trying to configure my print server to have unrestricted access.
Better yet, at least have a domain or site access restriction.  Don't
think the lpd implementation for linux have such capability.  I'll be
very supprise if no one has such a need in the past.  Any hint or
suggestion?

Tri

2. using ISP's proxy -- how?

3. /etc/hosts.lpd (netgroup)

4. Using the mouse in xquake

5. netgroup entries echoed to screen when rlogin from trusted host

6. New kernel problems

7. lpd ignoring the hosts.lpd file ???

8. telcalls....

9. hosts.lpd file doesn't understand *, what can I do ?

10. lpd won't work on my slackware 3.2

11. How to make hosts.equiv work with nis-served netgroup ??

12. CD won't work, system won't reboot...please help

13. help needed: AWE32 PNP won't work - kernel won't compile - gurus read this!