How to install man page or info in 4.3.2

How to install man page or info in 4.3.2

Post by Pradha » Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi all
I just installed AIX4.3.2 in a new H50 box but there
is no info or man. Also I am new to this 4.3.2.
If there is a way to install please let know how.
Thanks in Advance.
pradhan

How to install man page or info in 4.3.2

Post by Anthony » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

        The man pages are on 2 seperated CDs labeled basic and extended
documentation. I prefer just to mount the man pages from the basic docs CD
rather installing and using up the disk space on the system. Mount the CD
under a directory named /infocd. There is a script on the CD which will
automatically link the man pages into the /usr/lpp directory :)

Quote:> Hi all
> I just installed AIX4.3.2 in a new H50 box but there
> is no info or man. Also I am new to this 4.3.2.
> If there is a way to install please let know how.
> Thanks in Advance.
> pradhan

How to install man page or info in 4.3.2

Post by Brian Hauber » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Info Explorer was removed from the base OS starting with 4.3.0.  They
have switched to HTML documentation. In order to install this
documentation, you need to install the bos.html.* filesets contained on
the 'Base Documentation' CD that should be included in your 4.3.2 media.

The 'man' command should work fine once you install these filesets, or
you have the option of browsing the documentation in a web browser.

HTH

> Hi all
> I just installed AIX4.3.2 in a new H50 box but there
> is no info or man. Also I am new to this 4.3.2.
> If there is a way to install please let know how.
> Thanks in Advance.
> pradhan

1. info reads man page instead of info docs

Hello,

I am trying to read the info documentation for a2ps but when I type

$ info a2ps

the info program brings up the man page instead. I have both the info
and man documentation on my system. Do I have a configuration problem?
Here are the files I have. I am running Red Hat 5.2. Is anyone familiar
with this problem? Shouldn't info bring up one of the info files instead?

/usr/man/man1/a2ps.1

/usr/info/a2ps.info-1.gz  /usr/info/a2ps.info-3.gz
/usr/info/a2ps.info-5.gz
/usr/info/a2ps.info-2.gz  /usr/info/a2ps.info-4.gz  /usr/info/a2ps.info.gz

Thanks,

Neil Zanella

2. Disk fragmentation

3. Standard man pages to "Catted" man pages!

4. ECS K7S5A motherboard

5. How to format BSD man pages (groff man) using "classical" troff man?

6. SLIP hangs with 1.1 kernel after 1/2 hr

7. More page outs than page ins?

8. Unix Programs--Displaying User Help-- is there a Standards?

9. Man Pages Install Post Solaris 8 Install

10. how do you install the man pages from the install cd?

11. info & man pages

12. Q: Info about paging (count of page-in/page-out)?

13. Newbie Question about Libraries, Man pages, and Info